Trusted Contributor

Re: Melania looks beautiful in her Jackie O suit this morning

Impeccable, loved the gloves!

Trusted Contributor

Was so glad to see this post - I totally agree and it was my first thought when I saw the beautiful Melania - how Jackie-O!

Honored Contributor

What a pretty picture, masque.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the back of Jackie Evancho's coat.

Not to be repetitive, but at the end I got to see Jill Biden's coat again, and like it.  White coats were more prevalent than I would have thought.  I like the confidence in one's figure that they suggest--  I would be worried that it would make me look bigger, but all of the ladies today looked great!

I've never noticed Jill Biden's style before, but the combo of white tailored coat, big buttons, and black gloves just struck me. Modern but also slightly retro, and  very Kim Novak in "Vertigo"!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I believe fashion is going to be back in a big way in the White House with the new First Lady.  Yes, as someone else mentioned it would be nice if the First Lady and President were more coordinated to each other.  I have not seen a frontal of Melania thus far but the color is nice but I did not like the gloves matching in the same color.   Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

What ???     Fashion in the WH never went away.   

i said this on the OTHER thread also.......where we were posting photos of many first ladies. fashion never did go away!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I loved all these designers saying they would not design for Melania.  I want to ask them -- did anyone even ask you to?  What a bunch of pompous idiots!

As for his tie to match her dress -- this is not a junior prom.  He often wore a red tie and I would not expect otherwise. 

The make a very good looking couple and both wear clothes extremely well.

Honored Contributor

michelle looked simply beautiful today......totally appropriate and understated elegance.

https://images.mic.com/yygfgn4dgpxc852erjtkscwwg39fivyap8aerratt96tcwdb9d0voaqrrly7dbj9.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I think what the OP may have meant is that the First Lady's blue ensemble was the epitome of class, style, and elegance...similar to an ensemble that Jackie O might have chosen in this day and age.  Everyone has a right to his or her own opinion, but my breath literally caught when I saw Melania Trump's dress, shoes, hair...everything...  The rest of the First Family looked dapper and beautiful, as well.  We can certainly expect the beautiful clothing to continue for the next four years!  As an aside, I thought Hillary Clinton looked very elegant, as well...

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

michelle looked simply beautiful today......totally appropriate and understated elegance.

https://images.mic.com/yygfgn4dgpxc852erjtkscwwg39fivyap8aerratt96tcwdb9d0voaqrrly7dbj9.jpg

Pure class all the way. Both of them.

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Elegence.

Class.

Thanks for posting @sunshine45!

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I believe fashion is going to be back in a big way in the White House with the new First Lady.  Yes, as someone else mentioned it would be nice if the First Lady and President were more coordinated to each other.  I have not seen a frontal of Melania thus far but the color is nice but I did not like the gloves matching in the same color.   Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

What ???     Fashion in the WH never went away.   

i said this on the OTHER thread also.......where we were posting photos of many first ladies. fashion never did go away!

ITA!

Fashion in the White House didn't go anywhere.