Honored Contributor

Re: Melania looks beautiful in her Jackie O suit this morning

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

That suit is far from being a Jackie O suit in my opinion.  Jackie's suits were more boxy jackets and didn't have any of the beautiful curves that the suit Melania is wearing today.  It's totally modern and not from the past. 

jackie-kennedy-melania-trump-getty-rex_launch

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Love the color of her suit, she is stunning.  Can't wait to see what she wears tonight.  

Her hair is also beautiful - kudos to her hairstylist!

@CAcableGirl2- I understand Lagerfeld under Chanel or Fendi and RL....

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

What a gorgeous outfit. She looks great in it. I love her hair up too. Even the shoes match. The outfit looks warm too. Great design, great styling. Ralph Lauren is the designer. 

@Mindy D- its cashmere....gorgeous on her, on me not so much....she looks flawless

Esteemed Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

That suit is far from being a Jackie O suit in my opinion.  Jackie's suits were more boxy jackets and didn't have any of the beautiful curves that the suit Melania is wearing today.  It's totally modern and not from the past. 

@BlingQueen022- it is very similar to Jackie's dress which was also designed by Ralph Lauren as well...but, of course, its updated to today's style.  Hers was also blue.  Why would she wear a 60s style? 

@Stray Why would she wear a 60's style?  I don't know, I wasn't the poster who stated that.  

@BlingQueen022- I'm sorry....

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I think Melania's suit is totally iconic Ralph Lauren.

Jackie Kennedy's were very Chanel.

@QueenDanceALot- I thought Jackie's was Ralph Lauren as well? 

I think she wore a lot of Chanel.

Those little boxy double breasted jackets with the pocket detail.  

@QueenDanceALot- i was thinking of the dress with the matching hat and gloves; her suits did look like Chanel but I think she wore many designers; I seem to recall Oleg Cassini being associated with her clothes and of course, Oscar de la Renta....I wasn't too much into fashion then ....probably Ralph Lauren was too young for her originals but I think he has designed dresses and suits reminiscent of Jackie's style, presently ....this suit does remind me of Jackie's style, the beautiful gloves and shoes....the blue 

Oh, i know she wore lots of designers.

I thought you were talking about Melania's suit today, which has RL written all over it.  And Jackie's suits (in the 60's) were very Chanel.

Honored Contributor

@Stray Cashmere? Oh, how that must feel on!! LIghtweight but warm; good choice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pateacher wrote:

Melania does look beautiful in the suit.  Don't like the blue gloves, however.

Imo another choice wouldn't look right, Sleeve short. 

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I think Melania's suit is totally iconic Ralph Lauren.

Jackie Kennedy's were very Chanel.

@QueenDanceALot- I thought Jackie's was Ralph Lauren as well? 

I think she wore a lot of Chanel.

Those little boxy double breasted jackets with the pocket detail.  

@QueenDanceALot- i was thinking of the dress with the matching hat and gloves; her suits did look like Chanel but I think she wore many designers; I seem to recall Oleg Cassini being associated with her clothes and of course, Oscar de la Renta....I wasn't too much into fashion then ....probably Ralph Lauren was too young for her originals but I think he has designed dresses and suits reminiscent of Jackie's style, presently ....this suit does remind me of Jackie's style, the beautiful gloves and shoes....the blue 

Oh, i know she wore lots of designers.

I thought you were talking about Melania's suit today, which has RL written all over it.  And Jackie's suits (in the 60's) were very Chanel.

@QueenDanceALot- I think Jackie favored blue....I am glad Melania has chosen designers linked to US fashion...I know she favors D&G ....I also loved Ivanka's choices...the green Oscar D and Carolina Herrera, gown...stunning 

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Mr Trump, his wife, Vice President-elect Mike pence and his wife sat in the front row of the church