Honored Contributor

Re: Melania looks beautiful in her Jackie O suit this morning

@Fifi1 wrote:

Mrs. Trump looks flawless!  Just gorgeous and that coat/dress is beautiful.

The dress is now visible and it's lovely.  Such simplicity.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I do think Melania looked absolutely beautiful!  She is so classy and just a stunner!!!

Trusted Contributor

I think that both First Ladies wore lovely designs. Michelle O wore a dress from an American designer on President Obama's inagural day too. He was an immigtrant from Vietnam, I believe. I saw Mrs. O's inagural ball gown at the Smithsonian a few times. I is very beautiflul. She is tall. 

I am sure that Mrs. Trump will have a lovely gown for tonight as well. 

Trusted Contributor

I think they all looked nice. Did reminded me of Jackie, I also liked Hillary's coat. 

I am a bit jealous of the long legs. 

Elizabeth Dole looks well, healthy, 80 years old.

Valued Contributor

I can't think of a more beautiful First Lady than Melania.  She looked stunning in her blue outfit. 

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

Yes, I thought Melania looked beautiful.  The blue wool dress with the matching bolero and high funnel collar looked stunning on her.  I also loved the matching gloves and shoes!

@stellabystarlight - I think you are right that it is a dress - when I first saw it I thought it was a two-piece suit - lovely anyway - the collar framed her face beautifully and her makeup was impeccable.

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I think what the OP may have meant is that the First Lady's blue ensemble was the epitome of class, style, and elegance...similar to an ensemble that Jackie O might have chosen in this day and age.  Everyone has a right to his or her own opinion, but my breath literally caught when I saw Melania Trump's dress, shoes, hair...everything...  The rest of the First Family looked dapper and beautiful, as well.  We can certainly expect the beautiful clothing to continue for the next four years!  As an aside, I thought Hillary Clinton looked very elegant, as well...

@Ainhisg - thank you for clarifying that for me - very classy lady!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I believe fashion is going to be back in a big way in the White House with the new First Lady.  Yes, as someone else mentioned it would be nice if the First Lady and President were more coordinated to each other.  I have not seen a frontal of Melania thus far but the color is nice but I did not like the gloves matching in the same color.   Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

What ???     Fashion in the WH never went away.   

i said this on the OTHER thread also.......where we were posting photos of many first ladies. fashion never did go away!

@sunshine45

ITA .....  it was a rather strange comment ...  or made by someone not well informed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Sunshine45, i agree,  Fashion has been ably represented by every administration, for sure.  I hope you are not getting an impression that any swooning over various looks today is a knock on any other ones.

Every presidential wife brings something interesting to the table.  Jackie O. of course-- a legend in style.  I also like the sort of suburban, casual elegance of Betty Ford.  And Michelle Obama brought a total breath of fresh air--  she is both elegant and carefree, somewhat daring and experimental.  She has the all-American beauty and stature to encompass many looks.

I enjoy seeing what she will do next, dress-wise, and it looks like her daughters will also be interesting to watch.

I suddenly realized what Melania's style reminds me of--- a slightly more conservative take on the whole, continental Carla Bruni (wife of former French President Sarkozy) look.  Elegant, conservative cuts, occasional ladylike flourishes (like those controversial gloves!) Am I wrong in that assessment?

@Oznell     @hoosieroriginal    

Just an observation    ......  many people keep  referring to Jackie as "Jackie O".     During the WH Camelot years, she was Mrs. John F Kennedy ... or Mrs. Jacqueline Kennedy .... as our FLOTUS.

She didn't take the name Onassis until years after the assasination  ....  when she married Aristotle Onassis.

Yes, I could be nitpicking  here,  but there never was an Onassis First Lady in the White House.   JMO