Super Contributor

Re: Meghan's Final Day on Tour

@lmt wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

Not to take anything from Kate because I like her too, but there is something more real and sincere about Meghen. 

I love Meghen and have enjoyed seeing all the photos of her on this trip {thank you for sharing and explaining everyday}.

Maybe because she is American, or that she is good for Harry, but I love how she shows Harry love and affection in public and doesn't act all stuffy and snobby.

I hope they have twins, but either way they will make fantastic parents and I look forward in watching her during her pregnancy. 

She is a breath of fresh air!

@hsawaknow  I agree with everything you said. 

Meghan comes off as very natural and at ease. I think she has a real knack for connecting to people. Coming from an acting background, she knows what it's like to be in the spotlight and it's prepared her for her royal duties.

I too love the fact that Meghan and Harry are so demonstrative with each other. They have been critized for their PDA'S and I can understand that. They ARE representing the Queen whether they're on tour or at different functions, but I don't think hand holding or having their arms around each other is that terrible while they're 'on duty'. I think they're the first royal couple that have ever been so affectionate in public and people just aren't used to seeing it. I'm sure if the Queen disapproved it would be stopped. Of course since Harry is sixth in line for the throne, I suspect he and Meghan have more freedom than Will and Kate.

I don't know about twins, but I'm hoping for a girl.

Another reason we could be seeing more affection between Harry and Meghan than previous royal couples is that we are now seeing royals marrying for love.  The previous generation had arranged marriages to other blue bloods (think Charles and Diana).  I think it is the healthiest thing in the world to show their true feelings for one another.  We can see it in William and Kate when they look at each other, and on a rare occasion when they do show a rare display of public affection.  

I think a window has been thrown open and a fresh breeze is blowing through the House of Windsor.

Respected Contributor

image.png

when you can see a panty line, it's sheer. ahem  this is of course why women wear slips or have skirts lined.  at the price of her outfit, don't see how this has happened. she has people to see to such things as this, the hanging tag and that black bra view at the friends' wedding.  what's up?  

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

image.png

when you can see a panty line, it's sheer. ahem  this is of course why women wear slips or have skirts lined.  at the price of her outfit, don't see how this has happened. she has people to see to such things as this, the hanging tag and that black bra view at the friends' wedding.  what's up?  

@ms traditional     Oh that is awful!  I'd be mortified!

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional @Pearlee  Maybe you didn't see the discussion on this in post #22. 

The Duchess of Sussex appeared to have a 'Diana moment' in New Zealand today - as she looked to have flashed her legs through her Givenchy skirt.

Meghan, 37, seemed to show off more than she bargained for in photographs taken during a walkabout in Rotorua today on the final day of the royal tour.

However, it was in fact simply an optical illusion created by the skirt's heavy woven fabric 'strobing on camera'.

Meanwhile, the stripe design of the skirt also created the illusion of Meghan's underwear - at the point where the lighter stripes become darker again.   

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

image.png

It's an optical illusion due to the "ombre" effect of the stripes. If you look closely you cannot see her legs and the dark blue "apron" that encircles the skirt from the waist to the top of the thighs only gives the illusion of seeing beneath the skirt.

Respected Contributor

@bathina  I also thought the skirt was sheer when I first saw it. If I didn't read about the optical illusion I never would've guessed it. 

Honored Contributor

Harry took this photo of Meghan, it was posted on the Kensington Royal Instagram page. Can't post the photo but here's a link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BppLj1Tn1Tz/?utm_source=ig_embed

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

What a beautiful picture, especially with the sun shining through the trees.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bathina wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

image.png

It's an optical illusion due to the "ombre" effect of the stripes. If you look closely you cannot see her legs and the dark blue "apron" that encircles the skirt from the waist to the top of the thighs only gives the illusion of seeing beneath the skirt.

@bathina  @lmt  No, I hand't seen the posts above but I find it hard to believe that's an optical illusion because I can clearly see her legs - and underwear, and I'm not seeing an apron covering that (although I think I see what you mean by "apron" but it doesn't work for me!  

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

image.png

@bathinaITA - it's an "optical illusion" - especially noticed it at the "back side" of the skirt - the back of her legs don't fill out the skirt material.