Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan's Favorite Wedding Dress

I think her dress will be much more glam and demure, she is marrying into the royal family and at one Cathedral or another.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I loved the wedding gown Carolyn Bessette wore...it was perfect for her, the venue, the occasion.  They were such a classic couple! 

One dress I remember really disliking on a famous person was the wedding dress worn by Caroline Kennedy.  Does anyone remember that?  It looked very old-fashioned and just not what I thought she would wear.  I don't know how to post pics, or I would.

But...as someone else said, it's up to the bride to wear what makes her happy, after all, it's her day! 

Respected Contributor

I don't usually care for "slip dresses"  But Caroline Bessette looked beautiful in it.  I doubt Meghan will wear that kind of a dress for her wedding - too revealing, IMO.

Caroline Kennedy's dress was beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Meghan wore this Anne Barge dress on Suits. She is a beautiful woman, I don't think this dress flatters her.

Meghan-Markle-Wedding-Dress-Suits.jpg

Agree that this dress looks horrible on her.  She would look beautiful in tha Carolyn Kennedy dress though.  However, I think she will be a bit more covered up while still going for that vibe.

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

I loved the wedding gown Carolyn Bessette wore...it was perfect for her, the venue, the occasion.  They were such a classic couple! 

One dress I remember really disliking on a famous person was the wedding dress worn by Caroline Kennedy.  Does anyone remember that?  It looked very old-fashioned and just not what I thought she would wear.  I don't know how to post pics, or I would.

But...as someone else said, it's up to the bride to wear what makes her happy, after all, it's her day! 

Yes, Caroline Kennedy's dress had shamrocks all over it.  It had a bit of that 80s shoulder poof thing going on. (But not as poofy as some.) I thought her dress was tasetful, but not terribly exciting.

Image result for Caroline Kennedy wedding dress

Respected Contributor

Maria Shriver’s dress was awful 

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Maria Shriver’s dress was awful 

Agree!!!

Image result for maria shriver wedding dress

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Neiman Marcus actually sells this dress by Black Halo called the Bessette dress. I love the color. That's a Meghan color, she wore a green dress today.

NMTVZMK_mu.jpg

Love this, and it's my color too!!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I found it oddly glamorous-- it had that body-conscious, cut-on-the-bias, throwback Hollywood "Jean Harlow" kind of sophistication.  And I wasn't any big Kennedy follower or anything.  I just capitulated to the simplicity, and the "rightness" of that dress on that lovely bride!  Somehow it seemed to fit with the low-key charm of that tiny, humble and remote candle-lit church, too.

Carolyn Bessette had an unusual quality, and made interesting fashion choices, I thought. 

Very Carol Lombard, I think.

Honored Contributor

I thought the dress was appropriate for the venue.  She is very thin and can carry it off.  So sad that these two human beings are no longer with us.

kindness is strength