Honored Contributor

Meghan's BFF Misha Nonoo's Wedding Dress From Rome Wedding

Designer Misha Nonoo may have found creating her own wedding dress to be a 'lengthy' and 'challenging' process, but newly-released images of stunning bride wearing the gown prove that any stress was worth it all along.

Misha, 31, married oil tycoon Mikey Hess during a star-studded weekend of events that made headlines around the world thanks in large part to their high-profile guest list. 

And now London-raised, New York-based Misha has shared the first photos of herself modeling the hand-embroidered lace and silk gown that royals, politicians and celebrities saw her say 'I Do' in.

Misha explained that for the dress, she opted to design a dress comprised of guipure lace on laser cut silk organza. The show-stopping piece was then hand embroidered at a family-run mill in Switzerland. 

The intricately-detailed vintage-style dress featured long sleeves and a fitted bodice, which were connected by a simple delicate lace choker.

Simple fabric buttons cascaded down the back of the dress which featured an A-line floor-length silhouette. 

Regal: Fashion designer Misha Nonoo, pictured, has shared the first images of herself wearing the lace and silk organza dress she created for her nuptials to Mikey Hess

Details: The 31-year-old New York City-based designer revealed close-up images of the impeccably hand-embroidered gown she wore to say 'I Do'

Silhouette: The fitted lace giupure lace dress featured an A-line skirt and long sleeves

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan's BFF Misha Nonoo's Wedding Dress From Rome Wedding

Looks like a cotton wedding dress.  I still love it.  I love a delicate lace looking wedding dress no matter what the material.

Love long sleeves on a wedeing dress especially if laced.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I like the cut and the shape of the dress, but I don't like all the lace. 

Honored Contributor

i dont care for the material at all. the style itself is not bad (except for the choker part.)

to me this looks like those "doilies" that used to be placed on table tops as decoration. maybe some still use that look in their homes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Most assuredly looks better in person.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Blech

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting @KingstonsMom, was wondering about her dress. She actually designed two, I'd like to see the other one.

I think the style of this dress is beautiful. Tasteful and elegant. I don't care for that type of lace but she looked absolutely lovely.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Btw the Hess guy she married is Hess as in the gas stations 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

That's a beautiful gown.  A little too much boob action for a church wedding but it is lovely.

Valued Contributor

- Love the A-line silouette which looks good on almost any body shape.

- Love that she had long sleeves!  So sick and tired of strapless bridal gowns...very elegant.

- Love the vintagey "feel" of the dress.

- Not loving the heavy lace though making it seem "fake".

- Not loving the straight across bustline bodice top making her look more flat chested in appearance.

- Not loving the "choker" neck piece attachement making it look cheap.