Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan dons navy dress in Melbourne

I particularly love the ones that state they don't care for her or care to

read anything about her and comment anyway .....

I agree .. when she put on the boys necklace .. now that's class .....

Respected Contributor

I'm not going to start a separate thread for this outfit since you can't see too much of Meghan's dress.

Meghan and Harry at South Melbourne Beach

After a busy morning of engagements, Meghan had a change of clothes after lunch before heading to the South Melbourne Beach.

The Duchess chose the ‘Miguellina’ black dress from Canadian brand Club Monaco.

The black streamline design with a round-neck and gold buttons down one side retails for $268.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry arrived in Melbourne today

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex walk on South Melbourne Beach

The 37-year-old former actress chose a dress from a Canadian brand for her royal engagement

A better look at the dress 

Honored Contributor

I love Meghan's looks, they are classy, simple, yet very well done. The colors are generally very neutral. Maybe she is trying to find her style right now as well. I think however, if she were wearing flashy, loud colors people would be in a complete uproar-what is she doing? She has no class whatsoever.

There are going to be people who want her to be a Fashion Icon-but maybe, just maybe she doesn't want to be one.

Maybe she just wants to wear classical, sophisticated styles that suit her...

I do love to see her in lighter colors, they look really good on her.....

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

Recently announced pregnant, Duchess Meghan shed the coat as the couple approached the steps of Government House 

Sorry, this is just plain ill-fitting.

I don't think so at all. She has the figure to pull this off......

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@GraceLady wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Kachina624 The Duchess of Windsor? gag me! I think the duchess of sussex exudes class and confidence. A woman doesn't need pearls or a scarf to look great! Navy is my favorite neutral.

The duchess of windsor was a scheming, awful woman. Thank GOD her husband didn't become king.

@Love my grandkids.   We're not discussing personalities, just clothes.  So you and I will have to agree to disagree.

"I'd say she lacks confidence" is hardly sticking to the discussion of clothes.

@GraceLady  @lmt  @MarkeieMark @lulu1 @Sooner

There are as many Meghan messages as there are fashion in general.  I think what you guys need to do is ask QVC to give you a Meghan forum, a la Wen, LDO, LOGO, etc.  That way it keeps down the back-and-forth disagreeing.  Those who do not like Meghan can stay away from the forum.

There is nothing wrong with these threads being in fashion since they are about fashion.  These threads are all clearly marked so anyone can avoid them now if they wanted to.  No need for a separate forum.  But why shouldn't everyone be able to participate and give their opinion?   Everyone single person on here feels free to give their opinion on just about anything and everything.  Now all of a sudden some don't like it because everyone doesn't agree with them about Meghan's fashion choices so they shouldn't be allowed to post in these threads?

Honored Contributor

I love that black dress with the goldtone buttons down the side.

I'm also not sure that blue dress is ill-fitting.  Isn't that ruching on the dress?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Kachina624 The Duchess of Windsor? gag me! I think the duchess of sussex exudes class and confidence. A woman doesn't need pearls or a scarf to look great! Navy is my favorite neutral.

The duchess of windsor was a scheming, awful woman. Thank GOD her husband didn't become king.

But he was King before he was her husband which is why he abdicated his throne to marry her.  He was King but had not had his coronation yet which is always many months later for the preparation planning of it all.  As far as the Duchess when she passed away their was a provision in her will that left all her jewelry to cancer research. I have no ideal about her heart in being awful or scheming but he did love her a great deal do give up a kingdom for her.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ellaphant.   Obviously not but it would hurt her to dress like a duchess.  Consider the Duchess of Windsor, famous for her jewelry collection.  Megan could throw on a string of pearls or beads, a broach, some visible earrings, a bracelet, a scarf or something interesting.  I'd say she lacks confidence.

I like her simple, relatable style.Personally, I find over accessorizing with gaudy jewelry to be very aging. Nothing wrong with it if that's your style, but she's far too young and modern to sport that stuffy "royal" look. It doesn't suit her at all.

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that people expect Meghan to wow us at every event with some spectacular outfit? Maybe that's not a priority for her, and I admire that.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ellaphant.   Obviously not but it would hurt her to dress like a duchess.  Consider the Duchess of Windsor, famous for her jewelry collection.  Megan could throw on a string of pearls or beads, a broach, some visible earrings, a bracelet, a scarf or something interesting.  I'd say she lacks confidence.

I like her simple, relatable style.Personally, I find over accessorizing with gaudy jewelry to be very aging. Nothing wrong with it if that's your style, but she's far too young and modern to sport that stuffy "royal" look. It doesn't suit her at all.

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that people expect Meghan to wow us at every event with some spectacular outfit? Maybe that's not a priority for her, and I admire that.

@JJsMom. I agree, and also think it is strange. I stated in my post that maybe she doesn't want to be known as a Fashion Icon. Maybe she dresses the way she wants to and feels comfortable dressing! She doesn't have to nor should she have to WOW everytime she steps out in public........She likes neutrals, nothing wrong with that! 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@JJsMom. I agree, and also think it is strange. I stated in my post that maybe she doesn't want to be known as a Fashion Icon. Maybe she dresses the way she wants to and feels comfortable dressing! She doesn't have to nor should she have to WOW everytime she steps out in public........She likes neutrals, nothing wrong with that! 

Exactly. Maybe she doesn't want her wardrobe being the thing people focus on at these events. I know I wouldn't. I never dress in a manner to call attention to myself. I like neutrals in classic, tailored silhouettes. I don't want or need to turn heads when I walk in the room. The expectations put on women are ridiculous. They can never win.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu