Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle Capsule Collection.

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

The tote bag looked nice, it sold out. It was at John Lewis, a British site.

Meghan wore the white shirt at the launch today- by her friend designer Misha Nonoo (available on her site $100 +), and the black pants at Jigsaw. There's a black blazer at Jigsaw. The dress is at Marks and Spencer.

I didn't want to post about it because of how every thread involving her goes around here. But thanks for posting about it @Nancy Drew 

meghan-duchess-of-sussex-arrives-to-launch-the-smart-works-news-photo-1568294208.jpg

1568294891-1020J39415_1.jpg

1568294941-SD_01_T42_7304_A0_X_EC_90.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21 Thank you for the pics!

I saw a picture of the dress belted and it look quite nice.  I think the point of the style was that any body type could wear it.  It could be accessorized in so many ways,(noy my style though)

Trusted Contributor

@Nancy Drew  Respectfully, she was an actress so I think she should do well without a teleprompter.

Valued Contributor

@kjae wrote:

@Nancy Drew  Respectfully, she was an actress so I think she should do well without a teleprompter.

@kjae 

Not all actresses and actors even very famous can do well without teleprompter.

After all look at all awards like Golden Globe or Oscar, they all read TelePrompter and sometimes  even have hard time  to read.

Honored Contributor

How kind of her to come up with this idea! She knows how people respond to her fashion looks, and she's taking advantage of that to help others! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

You can take the B actress out of Hollywood but she will still be a B actress. Perhaps the Queen Mum needs to up her allowance so she won’t have to pedal these God-awful boring fashions.  People are buying because of her name🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Regular Contributor

You can take the B actress out of Hollywood but she will still be a B actress. Perhaps the Queen Mum needs to up her allowance so she won’t have to pedal these God-awful knock off, boring fashions.  People are buying because of her name🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Respected Contributor

Here we go.  Sigh.

Respected Contributor

These are supposed to be career separates, so they will be classic and conservative. It needs to look good on a wide variety of people. It's not supposed to be haute couture.

I love the pieces personally. I'd belt that dress with some pumps and wear the blazer over it. I love that it comes in such a wide range of sizes. 

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

For those who aren't familiar with the whole story, she has been involved with this project for a while: dressing women who need help getting into the work force.  They rely on clothing donations but sometimes (almost always) the basics were missing, as well as variety is sizing.  They will still count on the other clothing, but now outfits can be made because there are foundation pieces as mainstays.

Respected Contributor

@summergal1 wrote:

You can take the B actress out of Hollywood but she will still be a B actress. Perhaps the Queen Mum needs to up her allowance so she won’t have to pedal these God-awful knock off, boring fashions.  People are buying because of her name🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Lol, are you talking about the Queen or her mother?