Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I know her stomach is big but she is nowhere near term because her belly button has not started protruding yet.  She might be having a big baby.  She is very short, 5-4 (yes, I know she said 5-5 but she has admitted that was for publicity).  So, if she is that short and she is having a big baby, she could be this big at 6 months.  But that belly button is going to stick out by the 7th or 8th month.

I just don't think she is all that big for six months. She looks average for six months to me.  My two nieces had babies in May and October, they are both thin girls and they were about the same size as Meghan at six months....both had what I call basket ball tummies.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

All people carry their babies differently.  I was never that big except with the third one and I wore hip huggers until I was 8 months with her.  So, I was 8 months before I showed and when I did, it was like someone put a basketball in me overnight.  I was very small so my belly button did poke out.  I know that larger women might not have that problem but if you are small like Meghan and I was probably about her size, belly button going to come out because you are so stretched when you have a small frame.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I know her stomach is big but she is nowhere near term because her belly button has not started protruding yet.  She might be having a big baby.  She is very short, 5-4 (yes, I know she said 5-5 but she has admitted that was for publicity).  So, if she is that short and she is having a big baby, she could be this big at 6 months.  But that belly button is going to stick out by the 7th or 8th month.

what???

my belly button never changed, never protruded.

i have an "innie" and had it the entire time i was pregnant.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan At Mayhew

[ Edited ]

I had twins, each weighed almost 6 lbs.  i had stretch marks from above belly button and sides, but no protruding navel

i dont think she is that big, but I do think they are having a GIRL.m lol 😬😍

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

All people carry their babies differently.  I was never that big except with the third one and I wore hip huggers until I was 8 months with her.  So, I was 8 months before I showed and when I did, it was like someone put a basketball in me overnight.  I was very small so my belly button did poke out.  I know that larger women might not have that problem but if you are small like Meghan and I was probably about her size, belly button going to come out because you are so stretched when you have a small frame.

Again, this simply isn’t true for everyone.

Trusted Contributor

I think she looks huge for 6 months, especially being this is her first child . Or maybe she's really 7 or 8 months.  That's how large she looks.  And by the way, I don't believe pregnant people with innies get protruding belly buttons at all!  I never did, nor did anyone I know with an innie.   Maybe people with outies protrude a bit to begin with, so with pregnancy of course it's really protrudes.  I never liked how that looked in the tight  PG clothes, very unattractive.'

Also, I've never seen a woman with such skinny calves.  In certain photos, other people's arms are larger than her calves.  Maybe she just looks big in relation to her legs?

Super Contributor

what else is she doing for publicity.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I could bend over palm the floor with each of my pregnancies up to the ninth month.   People at work used to ask me to do it all of the time because they couldn't believe it.

They stopped when I said I would...for $5.  I did get a few dollars out of it.

I am now 64 and can still do it.  I can even grab the back of my ankles too.  I have never done Yoga and struggle to get up from the floor.  Go figure.

I love Megan's coat and color of the dress, but I am not fond of that tight style on anyone who is pregnant. I know it is fashionable, but it looks like she just grew out of a tight dress.  IMO maternity wear should be a little looser and not skin tight over the tummy area.

@Carmie . I've been wondering about tight maternity wear too.  It seems like the thing or style to emphasize the bump or stomach area now.  When I was pregnant more than 30 years ago we wore loose tops & dresses.  I just don't care for that tight look either!

Plus not to mention those high spike heels!  They look painful!

Trusted Contributor

Like the look. I hate maternity wear that billows away from the body as if one is trying to hide a belly. I prefer maternity clothes that fit as regular clothing would. Maternity is not an infermity.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Earlier in the week there was an article about MM's belly button popping.  She was wearing a form-fitting black dress.  It did speculate she was into her 7th or 8th month.

For what it's worth, I popped for one pregnancy but not for the other.