Respected Contributor

Maybe I’m Delusional

[ Edited ]

Once upon a time didn't the hosts wear QVC fashions exclusively? They used to host a show in an outfit that would be comprised of 2 or 3 of the items to be presented in that program. There was none of this quick changing occurring with every item being presented. It was the model's job to show the fashion while the host and designer described it.

I know social spacing is a challenge but I think it was better when hosts hosted and models modeled.

Honored Contributor

the only ones I recall doing that were Pat D, Jayne Brown, Amy (in her early years), Mary Beth and Carolyn.

Frequent Contributor

I've been watching for almost 30 years and I don't remember that.  But I do remember when the host used to do the selling.  They did not need the designers shouting out the design points of their items.  They sold the fashions with the help of the models.  And neither did a quick change.

That being said in the old days they very seldom had regular sized models.  They were your stereotypical skinny girls. 

I must admit it is nice to see things on models that are my size.

Frequent Contributor

Amy is the worst of all she babbels rubs herself all over and she interrupts ,when she on i dont watch or buy

Respected Contributor

My guess is that sales increase when the host puts on an item.

Honored Contributor

It seems in the fashion shows when Amy's hosting and wearing the clothing, those items sell out more quickly. It's probably because she has a way of looking great in almost  everything she puts together. If she's wearing a blue top...that usually sells first and she changes to another color. 

Honored Contributor

I only enjoy Amy because we're about the same size and I can judge how an item may look on me. I just wish she'd ditch the 5" heels. That throws off the length of skirts or pants.

Honored Contributor

@Susan345 wrote:

I've been watching for almost 30 years and I don't remember that.  But I do remember when the host used to do the selling.  They did not need the designers shouting out the design points of their items.  They sold the fashions with the help of the models.  And neither did a quick change.

That being said in the old days they very seldom had regular sized models.  They were your stereotypical skinny girls. 

I must admit it is nice to see things on models that are my size.

@Susan345   I know it's the only choice now, but I really don't like the ZOOM vendors. I'm still not used to them when they were live sitting on the stools or standing next to the host. OK, it's been over a year in this format, but just saying.

***The exception is on the Szish List show. Sometimes a panel of 3 vendors, those with fashion knowledege, is enjoyable. 

Honored Contributor

I do remember Ms. Robertson usually wore something coming up in the show...ususally GILI. She didn't give the item numbers until time to present them and if I was not online to check it, they were sold out before she got to them. Annoying. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because its baiting