Respected Contributor

I was thinking of wearing the jacket from this dress along with the top and palazzo pants(all chiffon) to a May wedding. I thought I'd wear pearl jewelry to add some light to it. I'm hesitant that it may be to dark an outfit for a wedding. Any suggestions? TIA

Bold Bouquets Jacket Dress, Black Multi, large    Chiffon Soirée Tank, Black, large     Chiffon Soirée Pants, Black, large

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

It looks lovely but I'm the rare one that really doesn't care for wearing black to a wedding. I know, I know everyone does, but I think it is a joyous occasion and since it'll be a Spring wedding I probably would wear color! Maybe Spring it up with a bit of colorful jewelry/shoes? Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

It's very common to wear black to a wedding these days.  I like colors myself.  If you look at your black top and pants as a canvas for color I think that would look quite nice. A single strand of Pearls may get lost/ not be enough color under that jacket.  A knotted rope or multi strand could work, Perhaps a larger silver statement necklace instead.  The black chiffon and jacket is a great start,  just balance it with color.  Enjoy that beautiful May wedding!

Honored Contributor

for an evening reception it looks nice to me but if it's taking place during the day, it's bit dark

but if you have the outfit ready to go why not wear it.  

I prefer dresses for weddings, (but that's my preference) 

Respected Contributor

The outfit would work fine. Maybe brighten it up with a few larger silver jewelry pieces. Some bold earrings and a large wide cuff.

I would also go with a more open shoe in black, perhaps a dressier sandal of some sort.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Re: May Wedding outfit?

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher

Can you swap out the black tank for purple?  I looked at CC, but I like this one that @LTT1 recently reviewed-

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Layering-Tank-with-Sequin-Trim.product.A220104.html?sc=NAV...

It's on clearance and also comes in white/black.

ETA- Erica Lyons at Belk-

Erica Lyons Silver-Tone Yes Way Rose Multi Row Necklace

Honored Contributor

Silver Forest® Vintage Round Necklace

Honored Contributor

Jules B Silver-Tone Purple Rain Multistrand Pendant Necklace

Honored Contributor

IMO it's a little dreary for a May wedding. If your heart's set on the black top w/ pants, I'd do a bright solid jacket or a long duster (very new looking) in a lightweight fabric that has some shine (also a solid). Then add long chains in pearls, silver or gold. 

Honored Contributor