Honored Contributor

Re: May 13th - IMAN 's Global Chic Dress Today's Special

@Andreatoo wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Another new dress! What do you think of the sleeve design?

IMAN Global Chic Luxury Resort Flutter-Sleeve Dress
528-319

@Chi-town girl

I like the sleeves - but I think that is a little good bar at the neck and when the gold peels that will ruin the dress. Not a fan of things like that added to clothes.

@willdob3

I like the metal detail but given that my Hal Rubenstein top broke almost immediately after purchase I'm a little leery of it. Fortunately it was removable

@Andreatoo 

I understand. The metal bar on this dress looks like it could be removable but I don't think it is. I'd be afraid the V would flop down if we took it off.

- I am watching Scandal and Olivia had a black/white top on that had similar sleeves... 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

528-319

@Chi-town girl

I like the sleeves - but I think that is a little good bar at the neck and when the gold peels that will ruin the dress. Not a fan of things like that added to clothes.

@willdob3

I like the metal detail but given that my Hal Rubenstein top broke almost immediately after purchase I'm a little leery of it. Fortunately it was removable

@Andreatoo 

I understand. The metal bar on this dress looks like it could be removable but I don't think it is. I'd be afraid the V would flop down if we took it off.

- I am watching Scandal and Olivia had a black/white top on that had similar sleeves... 

@willdob3 @Andreatoo - it's the same exact design as with the tunic in the recent TS tunic/pant set. I bought the palm print set.

I've worn & washed the tunic several times. It looks great with jeans and leggings. The wash instructions are delicate wash,  dry flat. I wouldn't toss it or any embellished top the dryer. Took a closer look at it tonight.  It can be removed, but it would require carefully snipping the fabric band it's looped through and stitching back the fabric band. That's what I will do if necessary. Not sure if the v part would flop over but I think it looks better with the fabric band.

I like that flutter sleeve dress. Will wait to see what they do with pricing & shipping.   

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl @willdob3

Actually the Rubenstein piece had an Omega type chain that wove through the fabric and attached in the back. Fortunately it did not affect the shirt when taken out and I had purchased it on clearance!

I have a Marc Bouwer top with a removable chain detail as well. seems to be popular these days and I do like the way it looks

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl @willdob3

Actually the Rubenstein piece had an Omega type chain that wove through the fabric and attached in the back. Fortunately it did not affect the shirt when taken out and I had purchased it on clearance!

I have a Marc Bouwer top with a removable chain detail as well. seems to be popular these days and I do like the way it looks

@Andreatoo - I like Hal's designs, bet it's a cute top. And MB too -he's my fav for Evine fashions.

Yes, lots of embellished tops. I like this one. The tassel is removable, they showed it on air. The top looks good with and without it!

IMAN Global Chic Embellished Flowy Top
524-303
IMAN Global Chic Embellished Flowy Top

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl

Funny! While the Bouwer shirt is completely different it is a long chain with the grommets!

I'll post a picture tomorrow when I get to a computer

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

528-319

I've got a few shirts from Chico's with similar sleeves.  I like them!

I have a dress from Chico's Fall 2016 collection that looks identical to this dress, except my dress is cadet blue

Trusted Contributor

Good morning!  I am thinking about the shorter print dress.  Looks very cute - maybe blue or neutral leopard?  I also like the athleisure pieces, esp. cream/camel.  I have a new longer cardi in ivory, which might look good with any of the colors.  Should be fun to watch!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl

As promised here's the Bouwer piece with the chain detail and grommets

MB chain detail.jpg

Again it's a design that wont suffer if something happens to the chain

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Love the look of the tank with the pants. Gives a slender illusion. Very 70's & Adidas look

IMAN Global Chic Luxury Resort Athleisure Tank Top
545-247
IMAN Global Chic Luxury Resort Athleisure Tank Top

Now there is a zip jacket that goes with this!  I really like this in the black and white. Even though the weather will be getting awfully warm soon, I still think I'm getting it!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl

As promised here's the Bouwer piece with the chain detail and grommets

MB chain detail.jpg

Again it's a design that wont suffer if something happens to the chain

@Andreatoo - this looks similar to a MB blouse I bought last yr in the dark teal color. Mine has long sleeves with long vertical slits, no embellishment. Nice fabric & design