Valued Contributor

Tops, pants everywhere but try and find a casual maxi dress for at home wear.  Why is there never a nice simple French terry dress for lounging?  Tee shirt style in nice colors and cotton content.  Just take the many tunic tops and extend the length!   Come on designers!  

Honored Contributor

Type in "maxi dresses" in the search box at the top of this page.    It will take you to 144 styles.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

Tops, pants everywhere but try and find a casual maxi dress for at home wear.  Why is there never a nice simple French terry dress for lounging?  Tee shirt style in nice colors and cotton content.  Just take the many tunic tops and extend the length!   Come on designers!  

Most of maxis I have purchased frorm Shophq.  They have a nice variety that are bra friendly.  I have also found them at Ross, Walmart had some tee shirt types.  Not sure if you can find any now, however Ross can surprise you sometimes.  The prices are good too.

Valued Contributor

My post was for casual at home dresses with cotton content.  Before posting I did search maxi dress and there are 144 but most are with chiffon, lace, not maxi, as is, duplicates.  There are a handful for at home wear and those are from early in the year.  And I have those in my closet.  Looking for French terry as stated and a sleeve.  There are none at QVC but we can have 528 or so tunics!  And I did not search that...just a guess...could be more.  

Honored Contributor

You might look at Serengeti.  

Respected Contributor

@Gabidog these dresses are out there and you probably just need to shop somewhere else.  I saw a bunch of tee shirt dresses at TJmaxx recently and they were cotton. Several lengths too   Didn't notice if they are French Terry.  Sounds to me like you want the designers for QVC to offer these? 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

You should look on HSN.   Not sure of the exact french terry material but Colleen Lopez has some really nice maxi's for lounging.   I own 741-125 AnyWEAR maxi from her line.

True to size and very comfy, I even have slept in it.   Just wanted to share, good luck on your search.

Contributor

I found 762-207 on HSN for you.. It is a French Terry " loungy" maxi dress.   It is very cute.  Good luck with your searches!

Respected Contributor

Re: Maxi dresses

[ Edited ]

@GabidogRather than Maxi dresses, you may want to search for

caftans. I have six that I wear for lounging. Two are older ones that are Joan Rivers. I recently found one of hers on ebay. The other four are currently available from QVC and are Stan Herman's. I have two that are the cotton floral print and two that

are polyester and spandex. It is the softest, brushed fabric that feels like cotton jersey, not polyester. It is a large floral with navy background and only large sizes are remaining. Good luck with your search.

Honored Contributor

When summer ends, I wear my summer maxis dresses around the house.  I wear a long sleeve tee under them or a cardigan over them.