Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Easy, breezy Perfect for now with mostly staying at home.

Wore one of my Linea by Louis Dell Olio maxis yesterday- magenta w/ black & white tropical floral print, black cap sleeves.

@queendiva  I think this is your beautiful Maxi....

F05A6D5A-9EAF-47FA-85A0-0547746E57DE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I love maxi dresses during the summer.  I prefer sleeveless where I can add a shrug or cardigan over my shoulders.  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Maxi Dresses

[ Edited ]

When they first came back 'in style' a few years back, I swore, "Never again, been there done that."  Be careful what you say.  I love wearing them now.  I have summer and winter maxi dresses, as well as maxi skirts.  I am not much of a pants or shorts wearer, so love me my dress options. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions @lolakimono 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Maxi Dresses

[ Edited ]

@Seka : Yes, that's it! Wearing it again today- a scorcher is forecast.

I also wear it out with the pictured black WK cropped cardi- not crazy about the cap sleeves. I also have the long version of that Palm Frond necklace. One of my all-time favorite Linea necklaces.

Honored Contributor

I love maxis and hi-low dresses.  I order the majority of them from Shophq One World, Oso Casual, Kate and Mallory and Indigo Thread.  I purchase these brands because their dresses are bra friendly.  Usually in stores they seem to think if you want a maxi you want spaghetti straps or no straps lol.  I have noticed that Walmart has a nice selection of tee shirt type dresses below the knee.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Love them.  They're so easy.

Super Contributor
I never wore them since I’m
Really short and plus size. However I bought a few to wear on a cruise and loved them. Last year I had multiple surgeries for a broken ankle and lived in them. I wear them all the time due to how my leg looks now and that I have heavy calves. I agree, more need a shirt sleeve at least.
Honored Contributor

I love them. Recently got one from Zulily in a happy floral print for $12.99. It has short sleeves, they're not as long as I would like but when it's hot I don't care.

It's an empire style. The fabric is so soft, has a sueded type feel.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I'm personally over them for anything other than maybe vacation, which I'm not going on. LOL  When I changed my closet over to my summer clothes, I put all but 2 in the donation pile.  I only saved those in the hopes of a cruise next year.