Valued Contributor

I put maxi dresses in the same category as strapless bridal wear...no way.  No how.  

If your tall and willowy gal then those are both for you.  Most females fall far below this and I am one of them.

Good riddance to both and hope they will soon die a quick death.  

Honored Contributor

Just because a few dont like them then they should not be offered or in any stores?  How thoughtful.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't wear them often, but I know a few who wear them daily, and they always look extremely nice.

I'm just thinking right now that what a comfortable way to dress, and still look 'pulled together' in a fashionable way.

I just might wear my maxi's more often.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  HSN:  Colleen was featuring Iman's maxi dresses again.

Beautiful prints and solids.  With headband.

All beautiful choices.

Take a look!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Tea length for me, Mid-calf.

Am happy to hem up a Maxi if the original product is 

worth the time.  So many of them are not.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

LOVE Maxi Dresses - here are a few from Linea by Louis Dell’Olio that I’ve purchased over the years.....

3702A09F-9FA0-4099-B790-57E38C2CC9AD.jpeg7AB7BAFC-B31E-430A-98BA-875615D89573.jpeg378941D5-72E7-4454-952C-C6EAEC025391.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I like them but don’t own any because most of them are sleeveless.  I wish vendors would offer more dresses with sleeves.  It’s my fashion pet peeve.   

I always thought that a wearer could do so much with a sleeveless maxi. There are so many cute shrugs, sweaters of various sleeve lengths, dusters, kimonos, jackets, etc., made of various materials, from lace to solid knit, etc., to cover your arms and change out the look.  I can't wear sleeveless because I'm not comfortable showing all of my arms.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@cotton4me wrote:

I like them but don’t own any because most of them are sleeveless.  I wish vendors would offer more dresses with sleeves.  It’s my fashion pet peeve.   

I agree @cotton4me I love maxi dresses but I would like at least elbow length sleeves.  If I could find one I would buy every color. I have a couple muumuu's from Vermont Country Store with sleeves for around the house but they are expensive and i'm not comfortable wearing them out.

@mspatmac 

They are out there.

This GILI one is on clearance, in this solid and in florals.

RL at Zappos, in petites and regular sizes-

MAIN

MAIN

This style of maxi is at Kohl's- Nina Leonard, in four prints.

Women's Nina Leonard Print Smocked-Waist Maxi Dress

Linea has this short sleeved one on clearance-

Karen Kane at Zappos-

MAIN

Esteemed Contributor

Easy, breezy Perfect for now with mostly staying at home.

Wore one of my Linea by Louis Dell Olio maxis yesterday- magenta w/ black & white tropical floral print, black cap sleeves.

Honored Contributor

Re: Maxi Dresses

[ Edited ]

Love maxi dresses, they are so easy to wear this time of year. I still have several 100% cotton ones from Quacker Factory. One has sailboats on it and I get compliments everytime I wear it. I also have some from Linea that I enjoy wearing. The Linea are sleeveless so I always wear a shrug with those.