Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Love maxi dresses, they are so easy to wear this time of year. I still have several 100% cotton ones from Quacker Factory. One has sailboats on it and I get compliments everytime I wear it. I also have some from Linea that I enjoy wearing. The Linea are sleeveless so I always wear a shrug with those. 

I wish QF would bring back their 100% cotton maxi dresses, I haven't seen any in stock this year.  Also D& Co has offered a few in the past, and they didn't bring in any at all this year, either.  I only like 100% cotton and they are very hard to find in the long length.  Maybe next year.....

Honored Contributor

I don't see them as much as they were several years ago.  I really dislike them.  19th century clothes. They are prairie skirts to me, with a shovel bonnet and wagon trains to accessorize. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind a maxi if it stops somewhere above my ankles, but most don't on me (5'5").  I guess what I'm saying is I prefer the midi length which should be somethere between the calves and ankles.  

Honored Contributor

I like seeing them on others...........I'm going to wear them more often.

Midi is better for me, because of up and down the stairs.

I might become ambitious, and hem the longer ones. 

Might purchase new, and hem if they are too long.

Lots of prints out there online. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

I like them but can only wear petites or else the lenght would be too long... I am 5'4 1/2.  I own a lot of Renee G's... I have big hips and can usally fit a x small or small.  I have to be careful using shrugs as it can cut me off and make my hips look larger.  Not a fan of sleeveless but I am learning to wear and not worry... Us ladies need to not be so hard on ourselves.  Another style I do is add a short sleeve top that pulls out one of the colors in the dress and that makes it look like a skirt.  I am a dress girl and appreciate something long to cover my legs.  

Valued Contributor

@songbird 

Gee, songbird, don't hold back!

The next wagontrain leaves in an hour, giving me plenty of time to throw on my maxi dress and grab my shovel.

Honored Contributor

I say this every year and many are insulted. I have never seen anyone look good in a Maxi dress.

Honored Contributor

Earlier this week I tried on all of my dresses gave more to charity than I kept. I ended up keeping 2 tie dye hi low maxis that is it, the rest are knee length.

The maxi's I had were just too voluminous and they were bought post weight loss, 90% of them looked like a night gown.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

@songbird 

Gee, songbird, don't hold back!

The next wagontrain leaves in an hour, giving me plenty of time to throw on my maxi dress and grab my shovel.

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

I find them cumbersome and hot for the summer...beside the fact my legs are one part of me I still like and don't need to hide in the summer.