Respected Contributor

Re: Maxi Dress on Q Home Page

Susan Louise, I should have ordered two sizes too. Your description about the fit is spot on. I ordered the medium and am a 38C and the arm holes stuck out like wings if I lifted my arms. Just too big in that part of the dress. LOL I did like the empire style because it hides a multitude of sins and the fabric and construction were very good.

I hated to do it, but I returned it today. Not at all sure if I should reorder.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

On 5/1/2014 RoughDraft said:

Susan Louise, I should have ordered two sizes too. Your description about the fit is spot on. I ordered the medium and am a 38C and the arm holes stuck out like wings if I lifted my arms. Just too big in that part of the dress. LOL I did like the empire style because it hides a multitude of sins and the fabric and construction were very good.

I hated to do it, but I returned it today. Not at all sure if I should reorder.

RoughDraft,

Did you still like the black/white color combo of the design and how that aspect looked on you? If so, it just might be worth ordering 2 sizes down like I did. The S&H charges are annoying...I know. However, if you did like everything else about the dress. Did you try pinching the material in a few areas while in the mirror to see if the fit was closer to the body it would look nice on you?

I did that and I was happy...hence my ordering just one more time Smile

Respected Contributor

Susan Louse,

Yes, I liked the black/white combo because I could add/subtract a dash of color with shoes, bag, scarf, etc. So that was no problem.

I did try pinching the armholes to see how much excess "winged out." Two inches on each side, which I thought was a little odd since the rest of the dress seemed fine "after" the empire and I'm not too hippy. It just seemed odd and if I had been smart like you, I would have ordered two sizes and only would have to pay for one S/H. At this point I don't know if sizing down one or two sizes (down to extra-small) would affect the rest of the dress.

Guess I'll just made do with the two maxis I have this year.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Susan Louse,

Yes, I liked the black/white combo because I could add/subtract a dash of color with shoes, bag, scarf, etc. So that was no problem.

I did try pinching the armholes to see how much excess "winged out." Two inches on each side, which I thought was a little odd since the rest of the dress seemed fine "after" the empire and I'm not too hippy. It just seemed odd and if I had been smart like you, I would have ordered two sizes and only would have to pay for one S/H. At this point I don't know if sizing down one or two sizes (down to extra-small) would affect the rest of the dress.

Guess I'll just made do with the two maxis I have this year.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'm looking forward to seeing this dress in a presentation...hoping it will be shown tomorrow during fashion day. It will be interesting to see the models wearing it...especially those who already wear XXS...

There is no XXXS or XXXXS...hopefully they will either have a seamstress on site or just have larger sized models wearing the dress 2 sizes smaller {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

Was it shown on fashion day? I looked at previously aired but didn't see.
Honored Contributor

On 5/2/2014 Susan Louise said:

Susan Louse,

I'm looking forward to seeing this dress in a presentation...hoping it will be shown tomorrow during fashion day. It will be interesting to see the models wearing it...especially those who already wear XXS...

There is no XXXS or XXXXS...hopefully they will either have a seamstress on site or just have larger sized models wearing the dress 2 sizes smaller {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

If it helps in ordering, I am 150 pounds and I fit fine in the Small Petite of this dress.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

I ordered this dress in black and white. I waited all fashion day for them to present it but they were too busy presenting Dooney bags I guess. I found the dress originally on a spring fashion preview thread posted on the front page of the website. I assumed it would be presented on Fashion Day and kept checking but it never was. There were hardly any maxi dresses presented at all and that was such a disappointment. It seems the Q has no idea what women really want to see for summer fashion. I think this dress will sell out when it's eventually on air.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much ladies... I too, have been looking for this dress and I also called CS for help. I must admit she did seem to try, but no joy. But with your help I ordered mine tonight in the red/black.

You all are wonderful ...thanks !!!!!!!!!

I still ask myself why they made it so hard to find, just silly !

Honored Contributor

On 5/4/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 5/2/2014 Susan Louise said:

Susan Louse,

If it helps in ordering, I am 150 pounds and I fit fine in the Small Petite of this dress.

It could be that the 'petite' dresses are fine size-wise...however, the 'regular' ones are definitely off. I'm still waiting for the one I ordered 2 sizes down.

What I meant by my comment (refering to xxxs and xxxxs) was that 'IF' someone who orders a 'regular' size dress, and the measurements are off uniformly in all sizes, those who wear the smallest sizes won't be able to order 2 sizes down...

RoughDraft and I both posted reviews and she doesn't wear the same size as me...so it is highly possible that many, if not all sizes of the 'regular' are majorly off on the measurments.

Honored Contributor

On 5/4/2014 ballyk said: Was it shown on fashion day? I looked at previously aired but didn't see.

No, but will probably be when JR is back on the 12th...HTH