Contributor

Why are the fashions on QVC very matronly and the fashions on HSN more current and fashionable?

Honored Contributor

@Acf11 Define "Matronly."  What does that say to you?  

Honored Contributor

I find most of the clothing on HSN to be cheap-looking and often trashy.  Of course the fact that their models wear it skin tight contributes to that impression.  Much of it, even winter clothes, is so thin, you can see through it.  Except for jeans, I never buy clothes from HSN, whereas Ive bought a ton from QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Anything can look 'matronly'. Just depends on how something is styled. That makes all the difference in the world.

To me 'matronly' is what the women on The Golden Girls wore.

Honored Contributor

@Acf11 wrote:

Why are the fashions on QVC very matronly and the fashions on HSN more current and fashionable?

Each line or brand is different.  I don't find any of "matronly" at all.  j

"denoting, relating to, or characteristic of a staid or conservatively dressed older married woman, especially one with a somewhat heavy build"

Honored Contributor

I don't know what the term "matronly" means.  Personally, I buy more clothing from HSN than QVC mainly because of the more reasonable prices, I'm notified when an item is reduced and I find the quality to be very good especially Iman, Nina Leonard and Guiliana Rancic.  

Honored Contributor

@Acf11 wrote:

Different audience I guess?

Trusted Contributor

Yep--closed necklines, elastic waistbands, tea-length dresses, knee-length shorts, elbow-length sleeves, semi-fit everything, 3 seasons behind the trend, blah blah blah.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

I think HSN has more contemporary brands and looks than the Q, although the Q has added more modern lines in the last several years.

I prefer classic styles which have been described as matronly and frumpy by some posters. I think a lot of it is in the styling.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Speaking of matronly, see today's TSV. Totally granny shoes. Also, SG entire line, especially ' liquid knit' - cheap looking and matronly.