Esteemed Contributor

Re: Maryland Woman Wore Her Reception Dress For Vaccine

Her choice.Not one I would make.But to each their own.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

but so much of what we see today seems like a made for social media moment. 

@Sooner     BINGO!!!!!!

On the local news today at one of the vaccine clinics, a nurse made dangling earrings from empty vaccine vials.  She broke the internet! Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Ahh, she never got to wear the dress for her scaled down wedding so she decided to celebrate by wearing it for her vaccine. Kind of a sweet reason during these difficult times. So many receptions and weddings had to be scaled down or put on hold. In fact my son is still waiting because he was supposed to get married last September.

Here is a little excerpt from what she had to say....

"I have this dress that I haven't had a chance to wear, it is a celebration. This is going to be the most people I've seen in a year and a half, so let's live it up and so I wore the dress to get my vaccine. I was just doing it for me, I was celebrating the day," she said.

Esteemed Contributor

We're in the middle of a pandemic and my daughter asks me if I still wear my jewelry (because I don't go out a lot).  Of course I do.  I put it on and enjoy it.  I wear my rings and earrings around my house.  So what? 

Feel like some lip gloss?  Yep, just to go in the backyard or to the mailbox?  If I want to.  Gives me a sense of feeling normal.

Do I dress everyday or just walk around in my comfort/pajama wear?  Well, sometimes I do and sometimes I get dressed like I would be going to work.

No rules.  We live in the here and now.  Wanna get jazzed up to sit in the house (go ahead and do that).  Just do what makes you feel good ~ while not hurting someone else.  We're in a Pandemic for goodness sakes.  Be happy for as long as you can in whatever way you can!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

So what if she gets a little extra attention?! She got robbed of her big day! She's not hurting anybody and she's taking back some control

so many people missed out on major events in their lives! Milestone birthdays, graduations, proms and weddings. It's not hurting anyone else to whip out your special occasion outfit and show it off!

Super Contributor

This forum is so predictable .....someone always has to pee on someone else's bowl of fruit loops. 

Honored Contributor

I am learning to make MASSIVE EFFORT to forgive those who criticize ANYONE who attempts to lighten the darkness of the truly dark days that FOR SOME OF US began early, and continue now.

If YOU have been spared, take a moment to consider that if YOU were suffering, you might prefer to distract yourself with some whimsical act that would warm your heart and cause NO PAIN OR DISCOMFORT to someone else.

Summon in yourself the self discipline to respect misery, EVEN if you don't share or understand it, and MOVE ON.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@september wrote:

She looks lovely and this would be appropriate in another setting.  But for getting a vaccine?   No.  

I volunteer in vaccine clinics and all of our recipients have shown up in comfortable, practical clothing.  

That doesn't mean they weren't appreciative or celebrating the fact that they got vaccinated.  

So now there is a dress code for getting a vaccine injection? SMH

This  just looks silly, in my opinion. Don't care if anyone else agrees.  

I agree yes it is silly and I also think she got the attention that she was seeking. ....we are talking about her now.

Honored Contributor

Unbelievable the ugly comments here, but typical.  Its just sad.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Unbelievable the ugly comments here, but typical.  Its just sad.

@Imaoldhippie - Agree. And some people wonder why there are so few posts/posters.

F/N/A luvstogarden