Honored Contributor

They have to add in new, younger hosts. Ones they have now are getting up there in age . One of the women hosts looks like she is getting the same neck problem as that 'E' channel celebrity---Kimora. Probably wearing a turtleneck would fix it.

Trusted Contributor

@JCF wrote:

Just because a host is on air for three hours doesn't mean that that is all they work. 

They have to prepare for the show, they have tons of meetings during the day with vendors, programmers, producers, etc.

I'm sure the night time host have to be in at odd hours for the meetings and than come back for their on air time.

Sales in any shape or form is not a three hour job by itself.

Even when one is home they have to prepare and study for the next air time.

I'm pretty sure I acknowledged all that in my post. just seems like a lot of hosts anymore. No big deal. Just thinking aloud. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Super Contributor

I wonder if David will get a new sidekick for his kitchen shows now that Mary is hosting... 

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

is it just me or does it seem that some of these hosts may not even work a full time job? programming is 24/7, each host usually gets a 3 hour on air timeslot so how could they all work 40 hours a week when there are 168 hours of programming? I almost never see hosts like Gabrielle, Rachel, Kirsten, Nancy, Jennifer and even Courtney now seems to be on less. Even Rick only seems to come out for holiday shows, Ripka, and an occasional food show. 

I wonder why they have to keep hiring more new hosts. I know they have meetings and lots of other things to do but on air hosting seems like it would be their full time job, no? 

I suspect for some hosts it isn't a full time job.  We've heard about other hosts doing other things, such as (was it Dave? the one chosen by the viewers and who was funny?).  Anyway, "Dave" had a photography business on the side, and I seem to recall a few other hosts who did other things.  Not all, of course.  For a lot of them, it is a full time job.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

I saw her this AM as well.  Thought she did a very nice job.  Best of luck, Mary!

viewer 45

Honored Contributor

Hosts in the past have said that even part-time at QVC is close to 40 hours because of the meetings, prep and outside work they have to do. 

I understand what the poster above (I think 60sgirl?) is saying about all the hosts and not many hours.  I brought this up on another thread about this topic of new hosts.  Courtney posts her schedule all the time and there are weeks she's only working 2 or 3 days for very few hours. 

I know there are hosts who are on in the overnight hours but still, I rarely see Gabrielle, Nancy, Rick, Courtney, Jennifer, Alberti, Rachel.  I never see Stacey but I know she's strictly overnights.  Actually I see the same hosts all the time because of the hours I get to watch.  But it seems there are an awful lot of hosts.

I know they have QPlus but I've not heard of plans to make this a live 24 hour station.  I can't imagine they would.  It seems they'd want to focus more on getting better programming on QVC and not taking a second channel live 24/7.    

Super Contributor

I see all the girls that u were saying u never see--Kiersten--Gabrielle--Nancy--Rachel--in fact Kiersten & Rachel were on the show w/Mary--etc.--bc I am an up at all times I see them mostly early am like 2 or 3 am eastern time--I think it's their time slot--that's when I caught Mary selling this morning with them.........................................

Honored Contributor

When David announced, during his show on Sunday, that Mary is now a host in training my first thought was 'why does she need training?' Isn't this the same girl they had do a sit down interview, in front of a live audience, with Trisha Yearwood?!

Given all her camera time it doesn't appear to me she needs 'training'

Honored Contributor

@danedylan wrote:

I see all the girls that u were saying u never see--Kiersten--Gabrielle--Nancy--Rachel--in fact Kiersten & Rachel were on the show w/Mary--etc.--bc I am an up at all times I see them mostly early am like 2 or 3 am eastern time--I think it's their time slot--that's when I caught Mary selling this morning with them.........................................

That was Jennifer Coffey who was on with Rachel and Mary. 

I actually see Kerstin on a lot.  A lot for being a newer host.  A lot more than I see hosts who have been there longer.

Frequent Contributor

I'm a late nighter/early morning watcher mainly. I see Jennifer, Stacey, Gabrielle and Alberti a lot at these hours. Also I noticed between Thanksgiving and Christmas there was a lot of live programming on QVC-Plus in the evening.  Courtney was hosting some live shows on there, as well as other daylight hosts. Even Antonella was hosting none jewelry shows which was a blast to watch. I like to watch her anyway, but to see her out of her element, so to speak, selling Muk Luks, Attitudes by Renee, steam irons, you name it-gadgets, etc. was highly entertaining. Although she always gave the pertinent information, I honestly tuned in just because she was hosting. Also watched David selling comforters on the regular Q, one night, which was quite funny. He mixed up some colors and even mentioned that's why he doesn't do those types of shows. I think some hosts were on vacation over the holidays. Like someone else mentioned previously, I think they are either having more live shows on the Q Plus channel or could've been just to sell more products for the holidays.