Respected Contributor

I also didn't think the jacket today was very flattering.  SOrry, but those short jackets only emphasize the widest part of the body.  Carolyn often wears items like that too.

Esteemed Contributor

it's the pants.  they're too long.  a pencil skirt or straight leg pant would have made a better look

Trusted Contributor

I think fashion wise, everyone has an off day. like, you can put together an outfit in your mind and think, okay!, that's what I'm going to wear today and it'll work. then it just doesn't in some way. I've had those days. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I adore Mary Beth.  Many of my friends who watch QVC every now and then feel the same way about her.

She really tries to be honest (very rare in salesmanship).  She doesn't go around saying, "I own this that and the other".  She's not 'liar, liar, pants on fire'.  I respect that.  The truth is I don't care who owns what.  If I want something, I'll buy it, I sure don't buy it because a Host owns it.

She always has her hair done, her nails are always attractive, her clothes are attractive.  That shows me she considers what she does a job, but more importantly, I feel like she respects the audience by appearing appropriately.  She tells me about the product and every now and interjects with something personal, but doesn't go overboard.

I wish the other Hosts were like that.  Mary Beth should hold class on what to say and do on air.  I also wish many of the hosts on HSN would be invited to this seminar conducted by Mary Beth.  Shannon over on HSN is unbelievable on all of the things she owns.  She'd need a few warehouse to house all of the stuff she owns.

So, that's my take on Mary Beth.  I have company so I haven't seen what she is wearing today.  I doubt that it would be much different from her normal.

****************************************Mary Beth is such a beautiful example of grace!

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

She's one of my favorites and usually dresses appropriately for her age and body shape.

That burgundy jacket would look great on somebody less hippy and could wear the shorter jackets. She needs to go up at least one size also. Not a good choice for her.

Beautiful jacket though.

What is "appropriate" for her age????  Obviously she didn't dress appropriately for her body shape judging by your overview of her outfit.  Woman Surprised 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I seen that coming didn't have to wait for long.

I like Mary Beth just saying she needs to see herself the way she looks on TV.

Why people don't comment like they used to on Q forums somebody will always try to start a pile on session.

Nobody was starting a pile on session.  Just like you felt it was appropriate to call out MBR for her unflattering outfit, I felt it okay to say something about your unflattering post.

Fashion is extremely individual.  I'm sure when MBR put her outfit together, she liked it and thought she looked nice in it.  I'm sure she didn't look in the mirror, think her outfit was unflattering and decide to go on air anyhow.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva @SharkE  I've read a lot of posts by sharke.  I've never found sharke to be mean or say ugly things.  

I poste nice things about Mary Beth and I meant every word.  However, I also defend Sharke's and everyone's right to post remarks about outfits, etc.  

I always say, "There are two ways to say something".  It's just my opinion, but I didn't find sharke's remarks to be mean.  She was just stating how she felt about the outfit.  

The last time I checked it is OK to do that.  It is going to get to the point that no one can give their opinon about anything if it is the least bit negative about anyone or anything!!

For goodness sakes.  I don't understand why it is so wrong to comment about someone's outfit.  I didn't see her (as I said).  She is usually well dressed.  I'm not a fashion maven.  I'm 69 years old and I don't give a rat's axs about what anyone thinks about my outfits.

So, sharke, I know you are a person who is not mean here and I enjoy reading your posts.  Besides.......hummmm???  We usually agree on a great many things......well...sometimes...

Smile!  Christmas is almost here guys!

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I seen that coming didn't have to wait for long.

I like Mary Beth just saying she needs to see herself the way she looks on TV.

Why people don't comment like they used to on Q forums somebody will always try to start a pile on session.

Nobody was starting a pile on session.  Just like you felt it was appropriate to call out MBR for her unflattering outfit, I felt it okay to say something about your unflattering post.

Fashion is extremely individual.  I'm sure when MBR put her outfit together, she liked it and thought she looked nice in it.  I'm sure she didn't look in the mirror, think her outfit was unflattering and decide to go on air anyhow.   

ITA! Marybeth is the consummate professional and why it matters how she looks is beyond me. It seems many have an opinion on every little thing the hosts do. I wonder about their need to do this.

OP just missed that she is the one doing the piling on of Mary Beth. Funny how that's okay. SMH

Annabelle... not mean? How is it okay to be so brutal about someone's appearance? I guess you and I have different definitions of the word. *shrug*

Valued Contributor

Short jackets don't look good on her, Jane T, Carolyn, and anyone else who's wide in the hips. This type of jacket looks BEST on women who are tall and THIN.

Valued Contributor

Maybe a size up would have been too large on her.  Everyone needs to remember that the hosts wear mic paks on their back, which take up room in clothing,