Super Contributor

Mary Beth's looking good in that shirt dress

I think she usually does dress to accentuate her best and this style really suits her in my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mary Beth's looking good in that shirt dress

I have always loved loved the shirt dress. If these vendors would make simple time classics instead of tablecloths and ruffles down to your knees - they'd get my business!

I say....YOU have good taste! LOL

Honored Contributor

I wonder who makes it?

It reminds me a little of the Linea indigo sleeveless dress I just got.

Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 fthunt said:

I have always loved loved the shirt dress. If these vendors would make simple time classics instead of tablecloths and ruffles down to your knees - they'd get my business!

I say....YOU have good taste! LOL

Why, how nice of you to say that, fthunt! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I love the shirt dress too, though not on me! The thing with classics is that they have to be made with quality fabrics and clever cutting. Unfortunately some of the clothes we see passing themselves off as classics cheat on both those things.

And sad to say I can't carry off a shirt dress myself. {#emotions_dlg.blush} I carry all my weight in my middle and hate the thought of buttons popping- they always do unless I buy something loose. And then the shoulders hang to my elbows and the armholes to my waist so it looks sloppy and awful. Most of those shirt dresses are cut too straight for my body...I need them to be roomy around the middle!

But I do appreciate a well-constructed shirt dress on others, and this one hit it out of the park. I think there was a thread recently on Mary Beth looking wide in some maxi dress with a bolero or shrug. I don't remember the details but I thought this particular look looked so pretty on her in contrast--she looked young and cool and elegant.

Your dress does sound lovely, indigo!