Super Contributor

Mary Beth's burgundy velvet dress - is it available on QVC???

Wow, that dress Mary Beth is wearing right now (4:03 eastern time) is stunning.  Does anyone have any idea if it's a product that is available on QVC?   Thanks!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Beth's burgundy velvet dress - is it available on QVC???

[ Edited ]

Not sure if they're what you're looking for, but if you put "velvet dresses" in the search QVC bar, there's a Susan Graver one that looks similar, as well as one by IM.  (Keep in mind, I've only seen the top of her dress).  Love the color.

Honored Contributor

@LeaLeander

Hi Cinder.  I don't know who made MaryBeth's dress.  Here is a link to velvet dresses and skirts available on the Q:

http://www.qvc.com/CatalogSearch?mzind=Y&refine=1845251&description=Dresses+%26+Skirts-Search+Result...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Thank you everyone, it does seem to be that Susan Graver dress.  Now I am wondering what size to get!

I am short - 4' 11" and with a 36DD bust, no waistline to speak of, apple shape so my hips are not larger than my waist or bust.  In jeans I've been wearing an 8 or occasionally a 10. 

The comments say it runs large but I'm somewhat afraid to order a Small (6-8) because of my bust size and chubbiness in the back/waist area.  Any thoughts from people who are experienced with Susan Graver sizing??

Thanks a million! 

Honored Contributor

I purchased this dress 4 or 5 years ago.  I am about 5'3.5" and ordered the smallest size.  It was huge through the hips, small through the chest and a terrible length on me. 

Unless you are a skilled seamstress or want to pay a tailor a lot to alter it, I think it will be a difficult fit for someone under 5'.

Respected Contributor

@LeaLeander  I have that SG velvet dress. I also wear an 8-10 ( 34D) and bought the small and it was perfect for me other than the length which I shortened a bit. I like to wear it with a belt. 

Honored Contributor

I think the dress you have in mind is on Just Reduced prices today:

http://www.qvc.com/Susan-Graver-Velvet-Swing-Dress-with-34-Ruched-Sleeves.product.A219050.html?sc=A2...

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I purchased this dress 4 or 5 years ago.  I am about 5'3.5" and ordered the smallest size.  It was huge through the hips, small through the chest and a terrible length on me. 

Unless you are a skilled seamstress or want to pay a tailor a lot to alter it, I think it will be a difficult fit for someone under 5'.

I was going to say that I think this dress is better suited for pear shapes, which is me.  However, the length wouldn't work on my 5'4" frame.  That length is very dowdy looking on me.