Contributor

Mary Beth Roe and the Sport Savvy Vendor

I watched a previous airing of a Sport Savvy show and I was pleased how much Mary Beth Roe and the vendor stayed "on task" during the presentation.  MBR was giving all the info on the fashions that was needed like sizing, color, material contents, care, etc.  The vendor also did a great job in the presentation.  They really gave the presentation like I remembered presentations "back in the day".  I've been watching QVC since it was CVN and MBR was one of the original hosts.  I appreciate the hard work of the hosts but I wish some of the hosts would stay more focused on what the viewer needs to make a decision for the purchase of the item.  My pet peeve is when a host reverts to name dropping because I don't care about what a certain celebrity does or wears.  I'm sure their job is not as easy as it looks and I'm sure stressful at times.  I worked as an RN in a hospital for 35 years and most people probably have no idea what really goes on in our role just like I have no idea what goes on in the day of a host.  Anyway, thank you Mary Beth Roe and the Sport Savvy vendor for a great presentation!

Respected Contributor

Re: Mary Beth Roe and the Sport Savvy Vendor

Excellent, @membersinceCVN. You said it perfectly and I agree with everything mentioned.

And may I give you a big thanks from a person who truly appreciates the hard work of those in the nursing profession. I truly marvel at the skill, dedication, and patience it takes. I know I could never do it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped  You have your own redeeming qualities.  Compassion and concern come to mind....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@membersinceCVN, I enjoyed reading your post. I was an RN in hospitals for 40 years. Like you I don't pretend to know what the jobs of others entail just as they do not understand the role of nurses.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@pupwhipped  You have your own redeeming qualities.  Compassion and concern come to mind....

@tends2dogs, you are too kind...thanks so much, my friend. Maybe on my good days but then there are days I can be a real....you know what. Ha! Patience has never been my strong suit.  

Honored Contributor

More "back in the day" presentations are needed.

Honored Contributor

I agree with everything said about MaryBeth and the vendor on the Sports Savvy show.  There are a handful of hosts, in my opinion, who are professional, knowledgeable about the product and most importantly have manners.  

Respected Contributor

Watched a goid part of the show. Boy, SS has changed. Used to be cute, sporty items. This was worse than D&C. The jacket MB had on was huge ad shapeless. Whole line looked dreary.

Contributor

@pupwhipped , thank you!  I also truly admire many professions that I could never do.

Contributor

@ellaphant many of the clothes were not my style but a couple of items were very cute in my opinion but then you're talking to someone who is 70! Smiley LOL  I mainly wanted to give kudos to the host and vendor who did a great presentation.