Super Contributor

Now I know why I barely come here anymore. This thread is petty and ridiculous.

Respected Contributor
On 9/7/2014 BonnieBelle said:

That is so sad to say that a thread that gives a very nice compliment to a show host is petty and ridiculous.

What is petty and ridiculous are the snarkers that have to turn everything into a shouting match.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

There are so many negative threads so I decided to find something positive on the Q while I was watching(while cleaning my kitchen). Surprised that a compliment could turn argumentative! I felt that MB looked very good in that dress, PERIOD.

Honored Contributor
On 9/7/2014 LuvMyBichonFrise said:
On 9/7/2014 Tweena63 said:
On 9/7/2014 Ford1224 said:

Rarely do I comment on the hosts, but this one is too good to pass up.

Mary Beth looks like a 1950s TV mom.

Carolyn looks like your neighbor across the street.

I see no insult here to either woman, but it's subject to interpretation.

I think that Marybeth look terrific too! So how do you know what a 1950's mom look like? That was over 60 yrs ago.

OMG...are you for real?

I happened to be a teenager in the 1950s, so I know what the TV moms looked like . . . and I had my own 1950s mom. Yes, I'm old as dirt and I remember it very well. We even had TV, isn't that amazing?

Also, I didn't mean my comment as a slam to either of these ladies, just my objective view of who they reminded me of. Obviously, they are much younger than me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Both pretty ladies. Mary Beth? Hubba Hubba!! That girl got it on!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
On 9/6/2014 Alter Ego said:
On 9/6/2014 coco14 said:
On 9/6/2014 LISALIPLINER said:

You're kidding right, youthful?

why is that every nice topic has to draw out the nasties? It gets so tiresome.

Look at it this way - at least they make it easy to know who to put on ignore.

Yes, I use the ignore button all the time! Why is it when someone posts a mean statement they fall back on that old "it's just my opinion." Right. My husband used to all that was "kidding on the square." They really mean the nastiness.

Trusted Contributor
Marybeth is probably the only host who hasn't had work done so of course she is going to look more her age than the others. I think she's very pretty and a class act.
Super Contributor
On 9/7/2014 golfcartrider said:

That is so sad to say that a thread that gives a very nice compliment to a show host is petty and ridiculous.

What is petty and ridiculous are the snarkers that have to turn everything into a shouting match.

That is exactly what I meant and I thought it was obvious. I should have said this thread has become petty and ridiculous to avoid your petty response of trying to make what I said into something it wasn't. Like I said, now I know why I don't come here that much anymore.

Respected Contributor
On 9/8/2014 BonnieBelle said:
On 9/7/2014 golfcartrider said:

That is exactly what I meant and I thought it was obvious. I should have said this thread has become petty and ridiculous to avoid your petty response of trying to make what I said into something it wasn't. Like I said, now I know why I don't come here that much anymore.

Yahoooooo, I am loving it! Chain, chain, chain......Pull the chain!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor
On 9/6/2014 manny2 said:
On 9/6/2014 coco14 said:
On 9/6/2014 LISALIPLINER said:

You're kidding right, youthful?

why is that every nice topic has to draw out the nasties? It gets so tiresome.

There is nothing nasty about the truth. Mary beth looks matronly and every bit of 55.

And how do you look?....."Every bit" of mean and nasty? sounds like green eyed monster to me.{#emotions_dlg.angry}