Honored Contributor

I know that most young women today who are pregnant wear tight clothing and I rarely see maternity tops anymore...however this top reminds me of the maternity tops of years gone by.  Not for me!

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I don't think Martha has anything to do with designing her pieces. 

@rms1954.  In most cases involving celebrities, I'd agree with you, however, I think Martha has personal standards she insists on for any product bearing her name.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Kachina624  Didn't you read the rest of my sentence? LOL

@BirkiLady.  Yes, you want natural fibers and I  said cotton/lyocell is natural.  So?

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I don't think Martha has anything to do with designing her pieces. 

@rms1954. I believe she has her hand in everything  her name is on. Some people just attach their names to things they sell and some are interested and involved. Not everyone is the same.

Frequent Contributor

I enjoy watching Martha Stewart presentations. That said, I was watching the TSV show and thought this is NOT a good look on Martha ; therefore I know I would NOT look good either..... the shirt is way too big and unflattering and the wide leg pants are not helping either!!!!  And the shoes just made the outfit worse .   sorry... but I will watch her shows....

Respected Contributor

It seems like this style flattered the women who carry their weight on top like Martha. It's too baggy on the ones who are thin on top and doesn't hang right. Most of her tops seem to be like this, which makes sense since it flatters her figure. I think she looks much better in it than the really thin host.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Regular Contributor

This TSV looks just like maternity tops I wore in the early 70's.  Pregnant women have more freedom and style now and I don't know whose figure would be flattered by this blouse.  I have gotten a couple of Martha's wraps in the past and they are extremely well made and great values.  I receive many compliments on them.  But as far as other clothing goes, I find her designs to be boxy and unflattering.   

Trusted Contributor

I am only 5 feet tall how could this top fit me?

Honored Contributor

I would say Martha is very involved and she really seems to take it personally when an item doesn't sell well.

She's the only vendor I've seen react negatively when the host states how many pieces have been sold. "That's all?!" She'll look visibly disappointed and then I end up feeling badly for her!

Buy her shirts people!! lol

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover.  It's not so long as it is wide.