Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags  For my size I'd say I'm a little thick in the middle.  Smaller hips and thinner legs.  Ordered my regular brick and mortar size 10, which in reality, according to my (grown) children should be an 8.  They fit fine.  Probably could have gone with the 8 to get the thigh fit I would have preferred, but went with the comfort in the waist.  I read some reviews that say they ran small.  IMO they do not.  Yes, they run smaller than Denim & Co.,but that brand runs positively huge, and it's made for the larger tush and fuller thigh crowd.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon

That's really helpful. I'm thicker through the middle, too, so that tells me I might like the fit.  Thanks!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I have Martha's canary embroidery jeans and I love them!  Ditto to all the reasons already posted on this thread! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Martha’s Jeans!

[ Edited ]

I ordered Laurie Felt jean #A301662...big in the waist but every where else is good, the can be rolled up or left down, looks good either way.

I compared Martha's jean measurements against LF jeans, size 10 on both:

Waist  on Martha jeans is 31" LF is 34"

Low hip on Martha is 39". LF is 41.5....

so for me I will need to stick with the LF jeans and pay to have the waist taken in, way to uncomfortable to wear when they are so big in the waist, with a belt the back bunches up.

I have a small waist and a little heavier in the thigh area, not hip.

I do not like tight jeans and the thigh to crotch measurement is smaller on the martha jean.

The biggest complaint for me on the Laurie jeans is why or why does the back have to be so much shorter than the front???

So, in a nutshell, I have a small waist, carry extra weight in the thigh area so the Martha Jeans would probably not work for me.

Edited to add

I really wanted to try Isaac's TSV pants that were about a month or so ago...I cancelled my order for fear they would not fit....I compared the measurements and in that pant I would need to order a size 14!!!!  Not that I really care about the size but, it would be nice if sizing was more consistent....do not pay attention to hosts when they say once you find a size, stick with it.....it is not true.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing that, @Mom2Dogs.  Sounds as if I'm built more like @faeriemoon (who liked the fit of Martha's jeans) than you.  I'm leaning towards trying them - like I need another pair of jeans, ha ha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Occasional Contributor

I’m 59 Post menopause woman that is 5 feet 6 inches tall.  I weigh 180 pounds.  The only thing slim about me is my feet.  My weight is in my belly, butt and hips.  I have a long torso.  Generally, if I get a pair of jeans that fit my backside, the waist is too large.  MS jeans smooth me out without being uncomfortable.  Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

@amhistorynut wrote:

I’m 59 Post menopause woman that is 5 feet 6 inches tall.  I weigh 180 pounds.  The only thing slim about me is my feet.  My weight is in my belly, butt and hips.  I have a long torso.  Generally, if I get a pair of jeans that fit my backside, the waist is too large.  MS jeans smooth me out without being uncomfortable.  Hope this helps!

@amhistorynut  I am built very similar to you and weight almost the same as you.  Can you tell me what size you ordered?  I would like to try a pair of Martha Jeans.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I have 4 or 5 pairs of Martha's jeans.  I love them!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

They get very good reviews so far.