Honored Contributor

Re: Martha at Oscars After Party

@PINKdogWOOD  When you are pushing 80 I think it is best to have the dress length more age appropriate.  I am not a prude but let's be realistic, your legs are not looking like you are 20 again.  We don't have a close up on that.  Martha is an attractive woman now and she was stunning when she was 20 modeling.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

This party was at Vanity Fair.

Martha Stewart - All The Looks From The 2020 Oscars Afterparties - StyleBistro

It looks like she’s wearing a cape, and forgot to put on her pants. Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I think that dress is terrible.  Not just the length but the sleeves and the shape.  Martha is all legs and no torso and this dress really does make her look square.  Nevermind that the eye goes right to her knees which kind of stick out like a sore thumb.

The second dress posted looks so much better on her, and she looks much more comfortable in it as well.

Honored Contributor

Martha looks great, I agree that the dress isn't flattering for her shape. I think something like this Vince Camuto would suit her shape better. $82 at Lord and Taylor. Jazz it up with diamonds and sparkly shoes and clutch. More power to her whatever she chooses to wear.

0500089603387_BLACK.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

Fror a woman 78 years of age, Martha looks years younger. She s very attractive.

However, as a woman ages, it becomes wise to reassess what we wear. If she were to wear a pair of white shorts and a chambray shirt, she would look great, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a very short cocktail dress. I think it makes her appear a bit desparate to hold on to her youth. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's hard to believe that Martha Stewart, known for her taste, style, and elegance, would see anything redeeming (much less fashionable) in that schmatta.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I picture Martha in Ralph Lauren. Obviously she could afford his top of the line dresses. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

I think Martha nailed a classy and chic party look and I don't care how old she is. She is beautiful.

If I had some criticism for this outfit, it would be that I think the necklace looks a little heavy and I'm not crazy about the shoes.

Bravissimo, Martha.

Honored Contributor

she's got nice legs so i think it's the nude shoes that throw the whole look off; like she's barefoot!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz   You took the words out of my mouth.  Maybe she is looking for that special someone.  LOL

kindness is strength