Honored Contributor

Re: Martha at Oscars After Party

You know what's making that dress look too short?  The sleeves or whatever (is it a cape?) hanging longer than the hem.  On second glance the dress isn't really that short.

Solution:  Lengthen the dress or shorten the sleeves.  I think it would look better.

Respected Contributor

Looking dang fine at 78 Martha. More power to her!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

You know what's making that dress look too short?  The sleeves or whatever (is it a cape?) hanging longer than the hem.  On second glance the dress isn't really that short.

Solution:  Lengthen the dress or shorten the sleeves.  I think it would look better.

@faeriemoon 

How 'bout this?  I was thinking the chunky necklace was adding

another unwanted layer.  Played with it to remove the necklace.

(yes, I have too much time on my hands! 🤣)

28B56A33-756D-4135-B5AD-4888B7C6D05A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon 

How 'bout this?  I was thinking the chunky necklace was adding

another unwanted layer.  Played with it to remove the necklace.

(yes, I have too much time on my hands! 🤣)

28B56A33-756D-4135-B5AD-4888B7C6D05A.jpeg

@sidsmom  You know, I kind of liked the funky, "sloppy" way she was wearing those pearls so I think I'd keep them.

I still get that "square" vibe from that dress no matter how you look at it.  She (like many of us) no longer has the world's greatest waistline.  I just think the dress is wrong for her.  Agree with all who say she has great legs, but the dress doesn't make her look great.  

You may be right though; perhaps the pearls are too much...

Honored Contributor

Here's another shot.  Rather than a square, she looks like a bell:

Image result for martha stewart black dress

Here's a pic of her in a black dress that looks youthful and makes her look good too:

Image result for martha stewart black dress

At least in my opinion...

Honored Contributor

Can't do much about knees.  But the legs, she still has.  She used to be model after all.  She's controlled her weight, and her genes are good. And she kept being blond instead of grey

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Can't do much about knees.  But the legs, she still has.  She used to be model after all.  She's controlled her weight, and her genes are good. And she kept being blond instead of grey

Agree.  She has great hair.

Honored Contributor

Love the dress and Martha! Thanks for posting the photo. Heart

Honored Contributor

IMHO the dress is way too short for her age.  Her expression almost looks like she's uncomfortable in it.

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder/alert:

Martha Stewart Show (and sometimes Martha Stewart Living) re-run episodes are on DABL TV several times a day, and once/twice weekends.  

I learn something each episode. Not only about crafts, food, flowers, etc.,  but other interesting things in life.  About birds of prey, etc., and other subject matter.  

Martha has always been a very interested (and interesting) person.  Interested about 'this and that', which is a trait that I like about people.

Enjoy!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).