Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart patchwork jeans

@Ladyboomerwrote:

I have a dilemma about the MS patchwork jeans I received yesterday.  I have not ordered jeans from QVC before so to play it safe I ordered a petite 4 and a petite 2.  I received a petite 4 and a petite 0. The jeans are now sold out.  I can zip up the 0 petites but if they shrink even a little I’m out of luck.  The size 4p are baggy in the legs and I don’t think are  flattering.  I’m trying to decide between sending them both back or hoping the smaller size will work out. They look like leggings on me.

Any suggestions?

@Ladyboomer  My mind is always calculating how to be reimbursed for the shipping charges.  First of all you should return the size 0 on their dime because you didn't order that size.  Secondly, you should exchange the size 4 for the size 2 (since they don't fit) so you don't have to pay shipping again (free exchanges.)

Contributor

Thank you @faeriemoon and @AmericanBulldogMom for your suggestions. It’s frustrating to receive a different size than what you ordered.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried so hard to get a size 2 petite or regular but they went right away, (they seem to always go right away in all MS jeans)...I kept checking every day. I read all the reviews and some of the posts here, and based on that info I took a shot on the size 4p.  I'm 5'1 1/2", 116 lbs, usually (when mfr's size right) I'm a solid size 2/regular (even if I have to tuck skinny jeans under for right length or hem a boot cut, they fit me more flattering and true than a petite.) But on an ankle pant like this style, and based on the measurements they gave for inseam, I thought I could take a shot.  Disappointed, I cannot believe how short on me they are... they hit above my ankle bone.  For the best look I'd have to either let down the hem for that unfinished, fringe hem or cuff for a more cropped look, neither of which I prefer.  Also...for me...these seem a bit too long in the rise, too high in the waist...but had the rest been ok, that wouldn't be a deal breaker since I'd be wearing a top over the waist, not tucked in.  If only I could have gotten the size 2 regular, I think those would have worked.  So, essentially, I guess since 2 regular is usually my best, correct size...MS jeans, at least these, fit true to size.  Wish I'd been able to get my true size, as these sure are cute; I haven't seen anything in a patchwork jean as nice as this one.  The denim is nice quality, it's a comfortable jean and cute.  They need to have more inventory...these were popular, but didn't seem like they had enough sizing for the demand on this jean.  These will likely go back; if I'm going to spend money on a jean...it's all about the fit being perfect and the look being right, not just ok. I really liked these and wanted them, but I've learned my lesson...never ordering jeans, one of THE hardest things to find the right fit of, online or on tv!  Have to try on!!  Hate paying $7.00 shipping back too! Smiley Sad

Contributor

@amyb I am the same height and weight as you are. In fact I could have written the same comments as you.  I often buy regular length pants in a size 2 because they just seem to fit better...even better if they are an ankle length. I’m so sorry you weren’t able to get them either.