Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart patchwork jeans

@faeriemoon

I wish I knew too. I have 2 sizes in my cart, trying to decide.

I first bought her embroidered jeans in a size 2 and they fit well everywhere except they were too tight in the waist.

According to the 'click here' measurements the waist should have fit fine.

So I returned the size 2 and got size 4. The waist on the size 4 was fine, but they were a little loose in the hips, thighs & butt, but I kept them hoping to shrink with washing and drying.

When her tuxedo jeans came in, I ordered those in size 4 since they show the identical measurements as the embroidered jeans and they were huge all over!

There lies my delimma with these patchwork jeans!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I bet those measurements are what q sends out to the factory and then the variables occur.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@faeriemoon

I wish I knew too. I have 2 sizes in my cart, trying to decide.

I first bought her embroidered jeans in a size 2 and they fit well everywhere except they were too tight in the waist.

According to the 'click here' measurements the waist should have fit fine.

So I returned the size 2 and got size 4. The waist on the size 4 was fine, but they were a little loose in the hips, thighs & butt, but I kept them hoping to shrink with washing and drying.

When her tuxedo jeans came in, I ordered those in size 4 since they show the identical measurements as the embroidered jeans and they were huge all over!

There lies my delimma with these patchwork jeans!

@KingstonsMom

I know!  I also know if I order the larger size I think I might need for a more comfortable fit in the waist, the legs are going to be too baggy.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@cherry. Thank you.  Is the waist kind of average, or to they pinch in at the waist?

@faeriemoon

IMO, with the 6 pair I've tried, the waist runs small.

I just don't think the 'click here' measurements are correct.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon I think sometimes the actual cut and design doesn't work for your body type.I hope that you can find a style that works for you.I think most of the Q cuts are for curves.I have curves in some spots and lacking in others so it is a struggle to find a brand that fits my needs the best.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Look at the description and click on the click here measurements. Those measurements are the actual measurement of the jeans. Compare those with a pair you own providing the spandex content is the same and you should get a perfect fit.

Brilliant!  That's what I did; they actually have the same waist measurement as my Calvin Kleins. 

Ordered.

@Lucylu12

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@cherry. Thank you.  Is the waist kind of average, or to they pinch in at the waist?

@faeriemoon

IMO, with the 6 pair I've tried, the waist runs small.

I just don't think the 'click here' measurements are correct.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.  I have taken the plunge on this based on other jeans in my closet.  The waist measurement seems to be the same.  I'll report back.  I'll either be elated that they fit great, or I'll be griping that I have to make a return.  And it will definitely be a return and not an exchange because this particular jean will look ridiculous with baggy legs.

@KingstonsMom

Trusted Contributor

Good Luck. I hope they fit. One of the measurements besides the waist that I pay great attention to is the thigh circumference. That for me is usually more important than the waist for a proper fit. I really look at the thigh and the knee measurements along with the waist and hips of course. But for some reason the thigh measurement is the most important as to how the legs fit. 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon Hope they work for you.I think the fabric has a lot of spandex in it so they will feel heavy.I don't like that feel.If they don't fit well they seem to slide off me.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon

We'll keep each other posted, LOL!