Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart new polka dot jeans

If they had a longer inseam I would get them!

Honored Contributor

I think they are spring/summer jeans.  Cute.  But I would only consider them if they were on clearance and I would save them for next spring.

Respected Contributor

No. These aren’t jeans by my definition. They look kind of chintzy 

Respected Contributor

I don't like them, look like knit pj bottoms, or joggers, not jeans at all.

Trusted Contributor

Too tight on legs for me. If they had been more of a slim ankle done in actual denim material, i would considered buying. But frankly, about the only place online I purchase pants is via Talbots. Consistent sizes and great quality. If anyone needs black jeans, the Talbot black jeans I bought 18 months ago are still deep, dark black. It's amazing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 wrote:

Too tight on legs for me. If they had been more of a slim ankle done in actual denim material, i would considered buying. But frankly, about the only place online I purchase pants is via Talbots. Consistent sizes and great quality. If anyone needs black jeans, the Talbot black jeans I bought 18 months ago are still deep, dark black. It's amazing.

I think I saw some similar polka dot jeans when I was looking through some of the new Talbots things late last night ...

ETA: I looked again, and they are technically Talbots jeggings -- dark wash velvet dot.

Respected Contributor

@Chrystaltree wrote:

I think they are spring/summer jeans.  Cute.  But I would only consider them if they were on clearance and I would save them for next spring.

I don't think so. The dots are flocked, which would imply black, velvety polka dots. That says fall/winter to me, especially in the darker denim. Also, as I posted elsewhere, Talbots has a new pair of jeggings with this same basic idea in their fall collection.

Trusted Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

I think I saw some similar polka dot jeans when I was looking through some of the new Talbots things late last night ...

ETA: I looked again, and they are technically Talbots jeggings -- dark wash velvet dot.

I've never looked at Talbots leggings/jeggings because I don't wear jeans that close to my leg. But I have to say, I do like the Talbots velvet dot jeans, that look like jeans a lot. Just not at the regular price. Might consider w/ a sale price.

velvet dot jeggings.jpg

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

I've never looked at Talbots leggings/jeggings because I don't wear jeans that close to my leg. But I have to say, I do like the Talbots velvet dot jeans, that look like jeans a lot. Just not at the regular price. Might consider w/ a sale price.

velvet dot jeggings.jpg

Thanks for posting the photo; I have trouble with that from some sites. Absolutely agree on the prices -- I purchase a lot from Talbots, but hardly anything at full price. I own one pair of the jeggings. The look depends a lot on your body build. For women with a larger middle and slimmer legs ("apples"), they might just look like slim jeans; for me (smaller waist, larger hips, very large calves from running), they're definitely tighter than regular jeans! But they might be worth a try,on sale, if you like them.

Trusted Contributor

@jonbon 

I'm a runner too ... so although I don't have full hips/waist area, I do have fuller calves and I also have weird knee shape ... not a huge deal, just not a fan of tight jeans around knees and calves. So many kinds of jeans to buy now ... I'm happy w/ the non-skinny type for my body. I kind of like those "modern" ankle jeans w/ higher waist and not quite so tapered leg. Also really like the wide leg crop jeans ... which on me are more ankle. Smiley Happy Something for everyone out there.