Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart TSV - 3/8/19

@World Traveler wrote:

They're your everyday, any day denim jeans, updated with zipper details at the ankles and designed with an elastic waistband for morning-to-late-evening comfort. Because we know life is busy and days can get long. From Martha Stewart.

• Fabrication: knit denim
  • Hardware: functional zipper at ankle side hem
  • Features: pull-on style, encased elastic waistband, two front pockets with coin pocket, two back patch pockets
  • White/Light Indigo: matte nickeltone hardware
  • Medium Indigo/Dark Indigo: antiqued coppertone hardware
  • Francesca Black: gunmetal hardware
  • Rise: slightly below the waist
  • Fit: fitted; cut to follow the lines of the body
  • Leg Shape: slim leg; fits closer to the body through the entire leg
  • Inseam: missy/plus inseam 29"
  • Inseam: petite missy/plus inseam 26"
  • Inseam: tall missy/plus inseam 32"
  • Content: 64% cotton/35% polyester/1% elastane, exclusive of decoration
  • Care: machine wash, tumble dry
  • Imported

@World Traveler : I love the slender look, plus the zipper detail.

Truth, I have enough denims, but that BLACK! 

Ordered it in TALL, black, though I am 5'5". Been waiting for the Q to do more tall. I love the full length look on legs. I use a tall in several other lines and the look is fabulous.

As usual, I was uncertain about size. Order the 8 and the 6. Technically, by the size chart, I would be an 8. But in the newer stretchy fabrics I think you can go down a size. (And I think they will sell out, at that price, in many sizes and colors, so would rather return one than not have a size that works. Receiving two sizes at the SAME TIME really helps determine how you want an item to fit.

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Whether they're skinny jeans or jeggings, they're too form fitting for me. I like my jeans a little looser in appearance. Otherwise I would be all over this TSV. I really like the zipper details at the ankle.

@lmt : I do have Martha's girlfriend jeans, embroidered canaries, with a looser fit. Fabulous.

I'm thin, though, so the skinny fit will work . . .

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I think Martha and Leigh look fine. Martha went down a size, she said. I think Leigh and Martha look fine. Martha is normally a size 12. The zipper is a fun addition and gives a fresh look.

I watched the 8:00 AM presentation with Leah.  The TSV must have A LOT of stretch.  I thought the petite model was a plus size, but she was wearing an 8 petite. 

In the close ups, even the models (and Martha) with thin legs,  the seams look like they were about to burst.

Super Contributor

It doesn't make sense to me either.  Looks like they have the waist and hip reversed?  Confusing to me also...

Respected Contributor

Based on the video clip I saw online, they look like jeggings and fit very tightly on the leg. I like the zipper detail, but I have enough jeggings, and I really only like to wear them if I am wearing tall boots. I would have preferred these be a bit looser or to hang straight with a slight taper.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

It is ironic that women who spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on their faces think adding them to their rear ends with too tight clothing is attractive.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@1Professor I know this isn't for everyone, but I too purchase in two different sizes IF I'm not sure. I just did that yesterday with the Earth shoes.....two different colors; two different sizes, and will return the one that doesn't fit as well and exchange for the size that does work. 

Respected Contributor

I decided to order a pair in my normal petite size.  After watching the presentation, I feel like maybe many of the models and hosts sized down one size so I’m hoping they won’t fit as tightly on me if I stick to my normal size.  I was leaning toward the dark wash but ended up buying the black.   That way if the fabric does look like fake jean material then the black should be safe. I like the white too but every time I buy white I’m afraid to wear them anywhere for fear I’ll sit in something and no one tells me 😃. 

Valued Contributor

Saw a little of the show with Leah this morning.  I thought these "jeans" looked awful on everyone--even Leah--except Martha.  Martha has long, thin legs and I thought she looked great.  Everyone else 's were way too tight and fit like jeggings.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The size chart is confusing to me for these pants.  I normally wear a small/ medium in QVC pants....a size 6/8.  

On these pants....The size chart for the size  tall pant if I go by the hip size on the chart says to buy a 10/ 12 but the waist on a 10/12 is WAY TOO BIG. By the chart.  So what do I do?  

ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION ON SIZE AS PERSAY THE SIZE CHART?  I still do not know what size to order....I think the size chart is wrong?