Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart TSV - 3/8/19

The size chart is confusing to me for these pants.  I normally wear a small/ medium in QVC pants....a size 6/8.  

On these pants....The size chart for the size  tall pant if I go by the hip size on the chart says to buy a 10/ 12 but the waist on a 10/12 is WAY TOO BIG. By the chart.  So what do I do?  

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler Have you tried her clothing yet? These look really cute & a pair just might end up in my order history. I would love to know how well her clothes fit.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I'll be checking the rise. I know it says the pants are slightly below waist, but I want to see HOW SLIGHT that is. I prefer mine to fit right on the waist.

@World Traveler BINGO! Me, too.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I'm intrigued by this TSV.  Like the look and the price, having just been in a Soft Surroundings store. (At which I found some shorts that actually fit my thicker waist and slimmer legs -- yay!  So hard to find shorts that aren't too long, or short, or wide in the legs yet still fit my waist.)

I am am concerned that these might be too wide in the thighs.  Different body types -- QVC (IMO) opts more for the pear -- smaller waist, "curvier"hips and thighs.   Not me, sadly.  

Honored Contributor

I noticed that the sizes are off so you would have to size up.  Maybe not if you are inbetween sizes.  They are cute and the price is very reasonable.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife  I own a tee shirt top, blouse and coat by Martha.  If you click on the "click here" under the description left hand side, you will have no problem with fit.  Now pants, I can't say but measurements are measurements and I have not had any problems with her clothes.  The coat I lucked out getting "As Is" and it is the one with the nylon vest underneath in Navy -- love it.  The best is removable for warmer weather maybe 50 degrees.  I believe you are the lady that lives in paradise.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t think they fit anyone well.  They are knit, not denim jeans and they are pull up pants.  Easy pass.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@World Traveler Have you tried her clothing yet? These look really cute & a pair just might end up in my order history. I would love to know how well her clothes fit.

@SurferWife  Oh, yes! I love her clothes. They are quality made, of course! They wash and wear well.

I have her (A342405) Wool Cashmere Dolman Elbow Sleeve Sweater, true to size for me. Want another color, hopefully when the price comes down. I know you probably don't want something that warm in Hawaii.

I have the Regular Embroidered 5-pocket Ankle Length Jeans (A309518) in the Clematis and the Peacock. They sold well when she came out with these jeans in around five different designs last summer. Think they were a TSV. 

I have her Regular Knit Denim Pull-on Jeans, feels very good, however the front pockets are not very deep, which I would have preferred. Otherwise, they are great!

And I have her Classics V-Neck Short Sleeve T Shirt, which also feels good. It is more for at-home use, not sure I would wear it to work. It has the kind of material that naturally shows a little wrinkles and I am not one that wants to iron clothes. ha!

Respected Contributor

I think Martha and Leigh look fine. Martha went down a size, she said. I think Leigh and Martha look fine. Martha is normally a size 12. The zipper is a fun addition and gives a fresh look.

Honored Contributor

Re: Martha’s TSV. She has great legs...thinner and shapely, so the jeans fit her nicely...not tight. On the models with larger legs, they look like jeggings.