Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart TSV - 3/8/19

I'll be checking the rise. I know it says the pants are slightly below waist, but I want to see HOW SLIGHT that is. I prefer mine to fit right on the waist.

Honored Contributor

R4e: Martha Stewart TSV - 3/8/19

I would try a pair of her jeans, based on all the positive reviews here. Those look comfortable but I'd be concerned about how much they show. I hate that phrase "lumps and bumps" but..

And it would be tough to tell on air on models because of the tendency the stylists seem to have to put them in a size that's too small. And I'd be concerned about the rise too, I also like them right at the waist.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That still shot that pops up first is awful.  Certainly not a good selling point.

I might be the odd one out, I don't think they look too tight from the front or behind.  These look like a jegging to me.  But then I think that's exactly what skinny jeans really are is a denim legging.  And to me those should be fitting. They aren't bunching or creasing in any of the views shown so I don't think they are tight.

Any type of knit legging or jegging is going to look tighter than it probably is.   

Honored Contributor

Do you think we have enough ankle jeans/pants?

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Whether they're skinny jeans or jeggings, they're too form fitting for me. I like my jeans a little looser in appearance. Otherwise I would be all over this TSV. I really like the zipper details at the ankle.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure about this one....

I love her patchwork jeans, but they are real jeans, with a fly front, and made of real denim.  I fear these may end up being like those Kim Gravel things I had to send back.  Hated the fit (humongous) and fabric.

Honored Contributor

They aren't denim.  They may look like denim but denim isn't knit. 

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon I wasn't a fan of Kim Gravel's pants either. I sent mine back as well and won't buy any more.

I bought Martha's last pair of jeans and they are great. However, these do look like a much closer fit and if I'm honest with myself I don't really need these so I will probably pass. It is a good price though which I appreciate.

Honored Contributor

I don't think these are going to be like Kim Gravel's.  Kim's don't feel like a knit to me.  Yes they have a lot of stretch to them but to me they look like a denim jean.  You can even cuff them because the underside looks like the underside of regular denim.

I think these are going to be like Quacker Factory Dream Jeanne material which is an actual knit and the underside is like a french terry?  To me they don't look like denim or feel like denim and you sure can't roll them at the bottom because you'd expose the french terry underside.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't think these are going to be like Kim Gravel's.  Kim's don't feel like a knit to me.  Yes they have a lot of stretch to them but to me they look like a denim jean.  You can even cuff them because the underside looks like the underside of regular denim.

I think these are going to be like Quacker Factory Dream Jeanne material which is an actual knit and the underside is like a french terry?  To me they don't look like denim or feel like denim and you sure can't roll them at the bottom because you'd expose the french terry underside.  

I think you're right (but this particular style you wouldn't be rolling anyway, most likely, since they have the zipper at the ankle). Doesn't Kim call hers a cross between a knit and a woven or something like that?