Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart - Shameless!

@World Traveler  I think at saw that very same thing. It was some time ago.  I remember the classes she held and. I remember the women who had such nice things to say about her and that she had helped them.

she turned a bad situation into something good.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie YUP! She sure did turn a bad situation into something good. A nice "lemon into lemonade" situation. I think she is too practical to waste time just sitting around in prison. And she had a captive audience of people to teach! Smiley Very Happy

Love Martha and all her fashions and craft

Trusted Contributor

Wow, it doesn't take much - you all here are always entertaining!

Honored Contributor

I got the same email.  Do you think Martha is shamless or is Payless shameless?  Either way, why?  She's selling clothes here at QVC so it's a natural extension that she would sell clothes or accessories at some other retailer?  Making up time?  Huh?????

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I can’t believe the Q even carries all her items.  It looks junkey to me and the clothes are not my style.

@barrel racer If I recall correctly, you don't care for Barefoot Dreams either, having tried several and returning them, according to the BD threads you posted on.

What do you like? What is your style?  Heart

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Yep..she regrouped and went on.   She was wealthy enough to retire and live comfortably for the rest of her life, but she knew she still had good ideas and energy to continue in her business career.  We women should be supporting someone like her.  

Exactly, Martha Stewart is role model in more ways then one.  First she's accomplished in several different areas; she's astute businesswoman.  She's example that we shouldn't let age define us.  Age is just a number.  And lastly, she's a woman who made her share or mistakes.  She paid the price without whining or blaming others and then she re-grouped and went right on making her millions.  We need more women like Martha in this world!  

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Wow, it doesn't take much - you all here are always entertaining!

And some just post snide comments for the sake of stirring things up.  I wish I could say I find that entertaining.  But I don't.

I find "entertaining" oneself at the expense of another, is fairly pathetic.

Esteemed Contributor

Payless is a discount shoe store.......hence "pay less"

Respected Contributor

I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything at Payless, but her collection there is some cute stuff at a good price.