Trusted Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart - Shameless!

I like her branding so much better than the one that prints "JUICY" across the derrière of their sweatpants.

Respected Contributor

There's something shameless here but it has nothing to do with Martha Stewart.

Honored Contributor

What "lost time" is she making up for?

And since when is it shameless to sell something at a lower price?

These flats are awfully cute, only $29.99; ankle strap shoe $34.99:

Women's Primrose Scalloped Flat, Cognac Suede, hi-res Women's Highclere 2-Pc. Sandal, Black Suede, hi-res

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

All celebrities do this....Look at Ellen Degeneres. It is an easy quick buck to throw your name on junk and sell it. Not much work on the celebrity’s part...great income.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fitfuninformed wrote:

My Goodness!  She will slap her name on just about anything!  I just received an e mail for her "Martha Stewart Collection" at Payless - I guess I can't blame her for taking advantage of her 'brand' while it's barely still relevant.  

I imagine she's making up for lost time....

Lost time? Martha has been designing things for Kmart for years. She had wonderful sheets, blankets and home decor items. Right now our beds all have cotton covered comforters that keep us warm and cozy. Love her throws as well.

This weekend we will be trimming our Martha Stewart Christmas tree. It is probably around 17 years old and looks brand new. 

So I guess you could say, I am a fan still after all these years.Heart

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

All celebrities do this....Look at Ellen Degeneres. It is an easy quick buck to throw your name on junk and sell it. Not much work on the celebrity’s part...great income.

I have 2 pairs of her sneakers and never call them junk. They made  very good, soft, comfortable and good looking.

Esteemed Contributor

@SuesCat wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Martha Stewart decorative Depends coming soon. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  If the quality, design, and value is there, i'm all in!  Smiley Wink

Not to mention that a lessor known celebrity walked away with a $2,000,000 paycheck for her endorsement. For that amount of $ I'd wear them on the outside of my pants! Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11- Funny that you mentioned Martha's products that were sold through KMart.  I've just changed over the bathmats in my master suite and the set I put down are from KMart, that I bought probably 15 years ago?  And they still look and wash like new!  They were quality to the core.

(ETA:  And at the time I bought them, no one else was doing 100% cotton, which is what I wanted.)

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Trinity11- Funny that you mentioned Martha's products that were sold through KMart.  I've just changed over the bathmats in my master suite and the set I put down are from KMart, that I bought probably 15 years ago?  And they still look and wash like new!  They were quality to the core.

(ETA:  And at the time I bought them, no one else was doing 100% cotton, which is what I wanted.)

@Venezia@Trinity11.  I have one of her outdoor patio table and chairs. Glass top and the table spends outdoors every winter! Got it from KMart years ago.

Honored Contributor

I agree with all the posters here about Payless.  There's nothing wrong with Payless shoes!