Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart - Shameless!

Martha Stewart decorative Depends coming soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with the line -- making up for lost time. Also, she's in her mid to late 70s. No better time than now. Marketing and entreprenurial people just 'go for it.' No shame. It's business.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

Years and years ago when i was young and just out of school, Payless was what i could realistically afford while moving into the working world and starting my career.  I'm certainly not ashamed of that.  Fortunately, back then i had good, strong feet and could wear less-than-expensive footwear.

I like that Martha is lending her designs and name to the Payless market.  Why not, really?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Martha Stewart decorative Depends coming soon. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  If the quality, design, and value is there, i'm all in!  Smiley Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Esteemed Contributor

I say good for Martha!  And, there is nothing wrong with Payless shoes.  If you remember just this past week, they changed the name and prices as a joke to see if people wiould pay big bucks for their shoes; and look at all of those who were willing to pay those high prices thinking that they were getting designer shoes.

Martha is a business woman and taking advantage of every opportunity.  Who on this board would not do the same if given the chance?  I definitely would.  If that is shameless, then I want in the club!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Take a moment to read the article about a prank Payless shoes played on unsuspecting high income customers. They opened a pop-up shop and named it Palessi. They showcased their shoes for $400 and $500. And people "bought" it.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

My Goodness!  She will slap her name on just about anything!  I just received an e mail for her "Martha Stewart Collection" at Payless - I guess I can't blame her for taking advantage of her 'brand' while it's barely still relevant.  

I imagine she's making up for lost time....

Just because she did something for Payless doesn't mean she's cheapening her brand. IMO there's nothing wrong with Payless product. MS brand will stay relevant as long as she makes quality for the price.

Did any of you see the recent news item about the Payless marketing stunt?  They set up a store with the name "Palessi" and invited dozens of high end Instagram influencers to a private showing.

I saw it on the news one night.  These people were raving about the quality of the shoes and the wonderful designs.  They actually bought the shoes, some at prices around $640.

They were all told the truth at the end and had their money refunded.  They were also allowed to keep the shoes they'd "bought"!

Just shows you how much snobbery goes into a label and high price tag.

Google it - it's well worth watching.

(Good for Martha Stewart!)

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

My Goodness!  She will slap her name on just about anything!  I just received an e mail for her "Martha Stewart Collection" at Payless - I guess I can't blame her for taking advantage of her 'brand' while it's barely still relevant.  

I imagine she's making up for lost time....

@fitfuninformed- You should be ashamed for what you're implying, but don't have the courage to come right out and say.

Curious though - why are you receiving emails about Martha Stewart, since you clearly don't like her?  As for her being relevant - I guess she won't lose any sleep over one person's opinion.

Honored Contributor

Well, Martha has always been about quality products that are good value.  Maybe Payless is a good outlet for her shoes; after all, more upscale places like Nordstrom probably wouldn't want her products anywhere near their shoe departments.

QVC Customer Care