Esteemed Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart Jeans? Need Advice Please!!!

[ Edited ]

I find her jeans to be a slim fit. I bought a P4 and they fit. I would say they fit me because I have slim hips, no butt and average waist. If you look at Martha, that is the way her jeans are made.

Honored Contributor

Use the garment sisizing charts and pick your best fit from that. I have oodles of her jeans ,and throw them all in the dryer. I have never had any problems with shrinkage. She says you can tumble dry them

Trusted Contributor

I do always use the size charts for which ever designer I am looking at but I find them somewhat "iffy" because they are not always consistent to a so called size 10 or 12, bust, waist, hips and then there is the guessing of how much the elastic or percentage of will give (especially at the waist or hips or thighs).

Honored Contributor

@gigy wrote:

Thank you all for your advice and great suggestions. I ordered them in the larger size P12 and only $18. Hope they work out for me.

@gigy 

I had assumed you were referring to the embroidered ones. I thought $28 and change was a great new price!

Trusted Contributor

Just to report back that the jeans arrived today and they fit well. I went with the 12P and glad I did. I had also ordered Laurie Felt's TSV jean and while I like it very much, her sizing has been a bit wonky lately. I went with a PM and they fit a bit too snug for my taste but they do have stretch. I'm guessing that had I gone with the PL, they would have been too big at the waist. I can afford toloose a few pounds, so I will keep them.