Esteemed Contributor

Re: Martha S and Dennis B are rude to hosts.

The name of the game is SELL.  I think the vendors think they can SELL their product better than the host so they keep piping in.  Sometimes I wish the host would pipe down and let the vendor speak...not in the case of Basso nor Graver tho😬

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I disagree. I think Martha was stellar with Marybeth, Dennis Basso is much loved and a favorite  with everyone

ITA

Martha nor Dennis are rude to hosts.  They are actually fabulous on air and naturals.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@bluehydrangea wrote:

I disagree.  Martha has been composed, courteous and calm during all of her shows.  The hosts barely give her a chance to speak and she remains respectful at all times.  

ITA

Love Martha!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Any thread on this subject should headline Susan Graver and Lori Goldstein.

Lori is never rude to hosts.  Susan talks allover everyone, but she's not rude.

Honored Contributor

Martha is somewhat supercilious or was so on the only occasion I had to adjudicate her, regarding touring her rose garden.  However, I think she has somewhat of a flat affect, lacking in emotional expressiveness on the programs I have seen but I have missed a couple.

Dennis has some kind of voice, most likely given at birth, that demands he be ostentatious in his demeanor.  

Respected Contributor

@BadWolf wrote:

As someone else said, "sometimes it's necessary".  I got so tired of hearing about easy pay being gone after the show after about the fifteenth time!

Most of those types of information repeated by the hosts are fed to them by their producers -- that is, they are told to go over the colors again or to emphasize the easy pay or whatever. They track sales in real time up in the control room, and if talking about certain things causes an uptick in sales, they are directed to do so.

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Martha is somewhat supercilious or was so on the only occasion I had to adjudicate her, regarding touring her rose garden.  However, I think she has somewhat of a flat affect, lacking in emotional expressiveness on the programs I have seen but I have missed a couple.

Dennis has some kind of voice, most likely given at birth, that demands he be ostentatious in his demeanor.  

I would disagree with your comments about Martha. 

Honored Contributor

How does your voice control your demeanor?  I thought that was down to personality?

Valued Contributor

All I can say is that when David does a happy dance and Martha decides she should do a happy bounce...

I feel strangely pleased by it all.

Honored Contributor

The title of this thread is meant to evoke a lot of responses.  That is due to it being so preposterous and absurd.

Dennis Basso does talk a lot and has a loud, bellowing voice.  That being said, he's extremely kind to models and hosts.

The comments about Martha are even more absurd.    Her presence on air is superb and she is not loud, she doesn't talk over the hosts, she seems to know her product line, and to boot....I did love her one pair of drawstring jeans!!! Smiley Happy