Trusted Contributor

Re: Martha And Shawn Meet Up Again

I agree you do not compare success. I think both women are successful in their own right. I even give props to Martha for having gone to prison and done her time after being convicted  of lying about stock sale or something. I don't think I would fare well in prison. It is ironic for them to be working together again. 

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn seems a sales clerk to Martha.

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I agree you do not compare success. I think both women are successful in their own right. I even give props to Martha for having gone to prison and done her time after being convicted  of lying about stock sale or something. I don't think I would fare well in prison. It is ironic for them to be working together again. 

She went to prison for lying to FBI when they were investigating her about selling stock and she lied to about the reason she sold it.  Scooter Libby of the Bush II administration went to prison for lying about the date he told somebody something.  He told them a date after or before (one day) and it was considered lying to investigator so he was convicted of lying for 4 counts.  If they want to convict you and cannot find another reason and you tell them you went to lunch on Wednesday (without checking your date book) and it was Tuesday, you are gone and you can go on all counts for that one lie.

Respected Contributor

I just don’t understand all the bashing and judging. Whether you like Shawn or not, I would consider her successful. If she was anyone’s daughter on here I am sure you would see her as successful (both personally and professionally) and be proud. Way too many critics and people with their nose in the air. 🙄

Valued Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Shawn and all the others ARE sales clerks.  They may not be in brick and mortar stores but they are sales clerks.  There's nothing wrong with being a sales clerk as all work done well and done from the heart is honorable.  I was taught that when I was a child.   docsgirl

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I just don’t understand all the bashing and judging. Whether you like Shawn or not, I would consider her successful. If she was anyone’s daughter on here I am sure you would see her as successful (both personally and professionally) and be proud. Way too many critics and people with their nose in the air. 🙄

SOP around these parts, sadly

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Shawn and all the others ARE sales clerks.  They may not be in brick and mortar stores but they are sales clerks.  There's nothing wrong with being a sales clerk as all work done well and done from the heart is honorable.  I was taught that when I was a child.   docsgirl

They may be "in sales," but I would not describe them as "sales clerks."

Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I just viewed the video of MS with Jane T.  She was selling the embroidered poppy jeans.  I thought Martha was super informative and she was kind and seemed very engaged.  I do not know what a few were talking about saying she wasn't appearing happy to be at QVC or gracious.  I thought she was great!

I also thought the same thing when she was on with Shawn .  I thought the two of them were great together and apparently so did a lot of other people as everything shown sold out.  I just don't get the negativity, you might even say "nasty" negativity on these blogs sometimes.  I know, I know everyone's entitled to they own opinion but really it says alot more about the person writing it then the person they're writing about - just saying .

Esteemed Contributor

It all depends on what success means to you. I say never having a strip search wins the argument in my book.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Senior show hosts make $300,000-$500,000,  That's a pretty decent salary for a sales clerk.