Honored Contributor

Re: Martha And Shawn Meet Up Again

Huh?  I'm pretty sure Martha Stewart doesn't think of Shawn as some success story.  It's a job and lucrative one but being shopping channel wouldn't be a success story to people like Martha Stewart.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't consider going to prison high on a success story resume.

Honored Contributor

I certainly would never say "fake it until I make it" during a job interview.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I'm very happy for Shawn. Sometimes she can get on my nerves, but I do like her because she's genuine and that comes through.

I find it ironic that Martha is on Shawn's show trying to sell her items. I don't think she ever saw herself selling MS merchandise on QVC. I think she sees herself above that.

IMO Martha is now the one faking it till she makes it so she can do well here. If QVC or home shopping channels were her thing she would've come here in her heyday.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

I'm very happy for Shawn. Sometimes she can get on my nerves, but I do like her because she's genuine and that comes through.

I find it ironic that Martha is on Shawn's show trying to sell her items. I don't think she ever saw herself selling MS merchandise on QVC. I think she sees herself above that.

IMO Martha is now the one faking it till she makes it so she can do well here. If QVC or home shopping channels were her thing she would've come here in her heyday.

Martha sold on Q long before Shawn was there.

Like Harry Slatkin, they asked Martha to come back.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, poor Martha.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

IMO, no one is a bigger fake than Martha Stewart.

I would disagree.  I think Martha is who she is and seems genuine to herself.  I don't find Shawn to be a genuine person--I think she plays a part.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

It might be ironic about them meeting up. Martha is a mega millionaire and Shawn is still faking  it hoping to still make it. Shawn's statement says alot about who she is and many Q viewers see right through it. Shawn has probably asked to work with Martha.  When LIsa R left she told Issac on air that she would be glad to take LIsa's place as a judge on his tv show..

The Beekman brothers tell the story that were let go from Martha's company during a cutback.

They asked her opinion on their product and she recommended that go for it.

Martha is not a petty woman she is an extremely hard worker who keeps moving forward with that formula  - that does not seem to apply to Shawn.

You clearly have little understanding of the phrase "fake it till you make it"

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I just viewed the video of MS with Jane T.  She was selling the embroidered poppy jeans.  I thought Martha was super informative and she was kind and seemed very engaged.  I do not know what a few were talking about saying she wasn't appearing happy to be at QVC or gracious.  I thought she was great!