Honored Contributor

Re: Martha And Shawn Meet Up Again

@cbrite wrote:

I'm thankful the Q has not invited the Boo Boo's..............or the Kdash. Holy smokes.....

The Kardashians were on QVC.  Not the whole lot of them but I know Kim and Kourtney appeared. 

Respected Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

I'm thankful the Q has not invited the Boo Boo's..............or the Kdash. Holy smokes.....

Mother Kris had a line of clothes at the Q.  I thought the girls appeared at one time too.

Trusted Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

I agree you do not compare success. I think both women are successful in their own right. I even give props to Martha for having gone to prison and done her time after being convicted  of lying about stock sale or something. I don't think I would fare well in prison. It is ironic for them to be working together again. 

She went to prison for lying to FBI when they were investigating her about selling stock and she lied to about the reason she sold it.  Scooter Libby of the Bush II administration went to prison for lying about the date he told somebody something.  He told them a date after or before (one day) and it was considered lying to investigator so he was convicted of lying for 4 counts.  If they want to convict you and cannot find another reason and you tell them you went to lunch on Wednesday (without checking your date book) and it was Tuesday, you are gone and you can go on all counts for that one lie.

I honestly don't care exactly why she went to prison. It's none of my business but at least she did her time and went on with her life. There are a lot of people I would like to see go to prison for lying about taxes, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

Mother Kris had a line of clothes at the Q.  I thought the girls appeared at one time too.

Yes, the whole lot of them, but there were two lines:  One was Momma K and the other was a Dash line, that said dash but something else, which I cannot recall.  I bought 3 items.  One was absolutely fabulous and I still have it.  The other two were more Big Lots than anything else, and I never bought anything else.

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think as Shawn has found happiness in real life she has become less invested in her job.  Not that she's not performing well, but I think she had a greater rapport with her callers when QVC was her everything.

Just an observation, not a criticism really.

I love Shawn and I think she is just as great a host now as she was before she adopted her baby. She is great at her job. It would be impossible to not change your priorities after having a child. 

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

I agree you do not compare success. I think both women are successful in their own right. I even give props to Martha for having gone to prison and done her time after being convicted  of lying about stock sale or something. I don't think I would fare well in prison. It is ironic for them to be working together again. 

She went to prison for lying to FBI when they were investigating her about selling stock and she lied to about the reason she sold it.  Scooter Libby of the Bush II administration went to prison for lying about the date he told somebody something.  He told them a date after or before (one day) and it was considered lying to investigator so he was convicted of lying for 4 counts.  If they want to convict you and cannot find another reason and you tell them you went to lunch on Wednesday (without checking your date book) and it was Tuesday, you are gone and you can go on all counts for that one lie.

I honestly don't care exactly why she went to prison. It's none of my business but at least she did her time and went on with her life. There are a lot of people I would like to see go to prison for lying about taxes, etc.  

NAT:  Nobody asked you, KC, to care.  This was not posted on your behalf.  A previous poster had stated she went to prison for selling stock.  That is how lies get started on the internet, but maybe you do not care about the truth.

Respected Contributor

When Shawn was selling Martha's ruana A301085, the first thing out of her mouth was that it was cashmere then a cashmere blend.  Ya right. The product description lists the cashmere last because it is only 2%!  The ruana was selling out despite Shawn's misleading description and I did nab one - it's nice but not cashmere in its feel or look. I hate that about Shawn....always looking for that angle however obscure even when it's not necessary to sell something.