Trusted Contributor

tototwo, you have THE BEST screen name ever!

Thank you for the update on Marlo Thomas. I loved the show "That Girl" when I was young - she was one of the first single "career women" on TV. Her character wore mod, cool clothes designed by Marilyn Lewis, (AKA "Cardinali") who also founded the Hambuger Hamlet restaurant chain in Los Angeles.

Honored Contributor

If her line consists of what in stock at HSN,  it's pretty pathetic.  Most of the modern younger set probably never heard of her.   She's a has-been. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

To me, it all looks like it came from "the junior department"...............and THAT PICTURE of Marlo............kind of  a "view" down that lace-up top (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

Received an E-mail from HSN several weeks ago announcing her new line.  She was having a meet and greet at the King of Prussia Mall.  Excited to meet her I accepted the invitation.  The first hour wine and cheese, the second hour Q and A.  At 79 she looks awesome.  She said we might be getting older but we certainly don't want to look older.  Walked away with loving That Woman.

Contributor

Oh my, I 'll have to look into this.  I idolized her when I was a young girl.  Loved the clothes, the idea of a young woman living on her own, her perkiness, everything!  I did wonder how a struggling actress could afford living along in New York and such beautiful clothes.  Just google it and you'll see such gorgeous outfits!

Trusted Contributor

A has been?  A has been who is doing the most important work of her life - helping the children at St. Jude's Children's Hospital.  She's still cute and bubbly and who cares if people go on to other endeavors, like a clothing line?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Marlo Thomas on HSN

[ Edited ]

I couldn't resist a dress she wore in the ads for that girl, although they didn't do it in the original color that was pictured.  It was $80 some dollars and I'm happy with it.  It's very soft and fits me beautifully.  Give her a chance.  I'm not exactly enthralled with all of Linea's fashions.  

Respected Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

A has been?  A has been who is doing the most important work of her life - helping the children at St. Jude's Children's Hospital.  She's still cute and bubbly and who cares if people go on to other endeavors, like a clothing line?

Shame on some people.  Marlo is doing this for fun and I think its great!

Honored Contributor

cRe: Marlo Thomas on HSN

[ Edited ]
Regardless of her line....another celebrity who painfully obvious couldn't resist **plastic** surgery. When will people learn? 💁
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If her line consists of what in stock at HSN,  it's pretty pathetic.  Most of the modern younger set probably never heard of her.   She's a has-been. 

Hsn has great "stock".  I love much of what HSN offers!

Vince Camuto...just one great line!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"