Honored Contributor

Re: MarlaWynne, G by Giuliana, G.I.L.I. and more - 2019 Collections

[ Edited ]

I love this twill jacket.  If, by the time I decide whether to get it or not, between the navy and the white, and there are any remaining, I am planning to get it.  I love twill and canvas fabric.  Reminds me of my teen years and early 20s.  Ah, the mischief one can create in those years wearing a twill jacket.

Reminiscent of an IC Collection jacket, but in a more casual, adorable look.

Respected Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I think she had a similar jacket last year.  Did anyone here buy it?  This one is an easy pass for me, especially at that price.  It is cute but just not sure how it would look on me and not something I really need.  

I bought the last version in red.  It ran Very Big, so much so I returned it. (there was not a smaller size for exchange) The material was a nice, heavier canvas.  I would have preferred an inch more in the length.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

I think she had a similar jacket last year.  Did anyone here buy it?  This one is an easy pass for me, especially at that price.  It is cute but just not sure how it would look on me and not something I really need.  

I bought the last version in red.  It ran Very Big, so much so I returned it. (there was not a smaller size for exchange) The material was a nice, heavier canvas.  I would have preferred an inch more in the length.

@lulu1 - during the presentation last night Marla said she added some length to this reorder per reviews/requests from 1st prproductions 

I like the TS jacket in red and navy as well as the mandarin - sharp! I also like the new side pocket dress and the stripe tank with coordinating cardi

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

@lulu1  I read the reviews and sized down.  I had lost weight already and sized down for normal clothing by one size.  I sized down 2 sizes from last year on this one.  Hoping it fits.  Navy.  I really love the pear but it makes me look jaundiced.

Honored Contributor

No Marla purchases for me this visit. I still have the layers shows from Friday on dvr to watch this weekend. March will be a big layers event with the mixed media cardi TS - curious about new colors - will it be offered in red?! 

For those that shopped,  please post reviews

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pinkmochi @Roni18 @emmysmom @momoftwo2007 @Nonametoday & all - I rec'd the 2 Colleen faux leather jackets. Ordered the weave and leaf jackets in black Heart they are keepers - design,  quality and fit is perfect!  I didn't 'need' another black jacket and thought about the other colors but I wanted them to be versatile. The faux leather doesn't look or feel fake or cheap. Highly recommend both!

The leaf jacket is sexy and looks like a boutique item. If the leaf jacket is reordered/offered in metallic option it will be hard to resist. 

I would love to have the leaf jacket...! I feel the same..I LOVE her botanical jacket...and wear it alot because the colors make it so versatile. I didn't care for any of G's jackets..I did like her flower mesh sweatshirt...I was sorry she didn't bring back her jeans with the modal..I was disappointed with her collection. I like Coleen's jackets now...lol! Could be Colleen and I are about the same age...and they're more classy and G's are more edgy..for the younger gals...!

@emmysmom - watch for Colleen's weave jacket to be further reduced. They are repeatedly presenting it so they must have a lot of inventory.  It was on Colleen's show again this past Thurs. It's a sharp jacket!

Ooooooh, the leaf jacket is spectacular Heart. It's simply stunning and looks like a $500 boutique jacket. Surprising that it has alot of stretch but don't size down. Colleen's jackets are sized like brick and mortar and designed for a more fitted look. Love, love, love these purchases. I hope the leaf jacket is a future TS.

These jackets are so stylish,  they could easily be ftom G's line

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Reordered - I want one of these!

MarlaWynne Popover Sweater
639-206
MarlaWynne Popover Sweater

Me too...I missed out when they were on sale!!! Woman Frustrated

@emmysmom - I don't think this sweater got to clearance,  sold out! It's sharp. Per the presentation,  this new production/reorder is a lighter weight knit, good for year round. The 1st run was a heavier winter knit. I might grab this one with the next coupon.

Trusted Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pinkmochi - I forgot to post that Marla was very excited about the bateau top that you love. During the presentation she said she was hoping for a good response/sellout so it can be reordered.  

Plus she plans to offer it in other necklines - vneck and turtleneck.  I think it could be a well received TS. Near the end of the show Marla said the top was essentially sold out and is being reordered! 

WynneLayers Boxy Bateau Neck Top
633-849

@Chi-town girl I haven't received it yet, but if I like it as much as I think I will, I'd buy it in several colors as a TS! I missed that part about it being reordered. It sold out pretty fast!

I wore this top last night with a red Iris Apfel link necklace last night to a fondue party. I wore a tank underneath since it shows your skin when you lift up your arms. I don't think you can wear it on its own, unless it's summer, and it's okay to show a little skin. It doesn't show anything obscene, just your side! Woman Tongue When I first tried it on, I thought it was too oversized, but when I would put on different longer necklaces, it helped with the proportions. I like that it's different and the fabric is very comfortable and soft. I hope she makes this a TS someday in more colors!

I'm going to pass on her upcoming TS, too. I think that style looks great on Marla because she's bigger busted, but I am not. It would look too oversized and not proportionate on me, I think. But that means I can spend money on other Marla pieces instead. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Another new dress

MarlaWynne Front Pocket Tunic Dress
639-212

@Dawnie - please posr a review! I love her sand color, but crushing on pear and mandarin

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pinkmochi - I forgot to post that Marla was very excited about the bateau top that you love. During the presentation she said she was hoping for a good response/sellout so it can be reordered.  

Plus she plans to offer it in other necklines - vneck and turtleneck.  I think it could be a well received TS. Near the end of the show Marla said the top was essentially sold out and is being reordered! 

633-849

@Chi-town girl I haven't received it yet, but if I like it as much as I think I will, I'd buy it in several colors as a TS! I missed that part about it being reordered. It sold out pretty fast!

I wore this top last night with a red Iris Apfel link necklace last night to a fondue party. I wore a tank underneath since it shows your skin when you lift up your arms. I don't think you can wear it on its own, unless it's summer, and it's okay to show a little skin. It doesn't show anything obscene, just your side! Woman Tongue When I first tried it on, I thought it was too oversized, but when I would put on different longer necklaces, it helped with the proportions. I like that it's different and the fabric is very comfortable and soft. I hope she makes this a TS someday in more colors!

I'm going to pass on her upcoming TS, too. I think that style looks great on Marla because she's bigger busted, but I am not. It would look too oversized and not proportionate on me, I think. But that means I can spend money on other Marla pieces instead. Woman Wink

@pinkmochi TY for your reviewHeart I definitely want the bateau top and am glad it's been reordered.  

Yum....love fondue.  I need to pull out my fondue pots and host a party. One for cheese/appetizer,  one for oil/meats/veggies,  and a third for chocolate/dessert.  It's alot of prep work but soooo delish and a fun party theme

The upcoming Marla March TS is a reorder of the mixed media cardi. I bought it in the gorgeous seamist color that coordinates well with her seagrass items

I thought you posted that you bought it in black?

WynneLayers Mixed Media Chiffon Cardigan
602-385
WynneLayers Mixed Media Chiffon Cardigan