Honored Contributor

Re: MarlaWynne, G by Giuliana, G.I.L.I. and more - 2019 Collections

@MacDUFF  - glad you scored! Yes, Colleen said the plaid design is inspired by Burberry. I think H has more free ship and the coupons def make a difference. They should just post the coupons for everyone and offer some special account only ones occasionally. H clearance events were better in the past. IMAN will be back soon! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I received 2 items today; both keepers.  The MW item is a darker blue than I expected but still nice.  It runs full. (no surprise there)

Colleen Lopez Reversible Plaid Knit Topper with Fringe

MarlaWynne Turtleneck Sweater

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 - How does the plaid wrap from Colleen fit? I bought the XS/S and haven’t received it yet. I wear a 6/8 on top and hoping I got the right size. Wondering how you feel about length in back and how long it hangs in front. Thanks for your help!
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

I haven't quite scored yet...it's on waitlist, so I'm hoping.

I forgot about Iman coming back!  I have a sequined shawl of hers that is beautiful and well-made.  I purchased a bolero many, many years ago that was just stunning...a piece that truly would have deserved the "it should have an extra zero in the price" sales pitch.  Unfortunately, it didn't fit.  Here's hoping Qurate doesn't force her to lower the quality of her pieces.

I suppose I should give a shout out to DG since I have quite a few of her jeans, but it would have to be half-hearted due to the incredible amount of aggravation and money spent throughout the years returning/exchanging due to sizing discrepancies.

Thanks again for the thread!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lulu1 

I'd love to know if that blush color in Colleen's topper is actually a deeper, darker pink (as it appears to be in her FB pic).  And would also like to hear your thoughts on the fit.  I have the blush M/L on waitlist.  One thing I'd like to know is if the front panels are skimpy and if they stay "closed" or do you have to constantly fidget to keep them in place.  I know, I know!  But, we all have our idiosyncrasies!  LOL!  Thanks lulu...hope you have a great day!

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 

BTW, the MW sweater is really cute.  She has such nice quality...I have a few of her jeans.  Her tops are cut too full for me, though.  I had to go down to xs to get just an okay fit in the lower half, which made the upper half too small.  Darn!

Someone once gave me this tip:  If you tilt your computer screen back a little bit, you should get a better idea of the true color of an online item.  Usually, the color shows a shade or two darker.  I've always found that it worked pretty well. 

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 

@MacDUFF 

Concerning the CL wrap: yesterday I didn't really examine it closely.  This morning I pulled it out and took a good look,  It it very pink. (bubble gum-ish) At first I had it on upside down.  Once I righted the ship, the fit is a bit odd.  I ordered the xs/sm. (just for reference I'm typically a 2-4 B&M) The back is waist length. (I'm 5'2"-ish, long torso) The front is fussy.  I played with it but would probably iron the edges/lapels back and maybe tack them down. (making it not reversible)

The material is not the best.  I've noticed quite a few flaws.  There are black threads in places there is no black. There are also little spots without color in the pink.

Decision made; back it goes.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

I haven't quite scored yet...it's on waitlist, so I'm hoping.

I forgot about Iman coming back!  I have a sequined shawl of hers that is beautiful and well-made.  I purchased a bolero many, many years ago that was just stunning...a piece that truly would have deserved the "it should have an extra zero in the price" sales pitch.  Unfortunately, it didn't fit.  Here's hoping Qurate doesn't force her to lower the quality of her pieces.

I suppose I should give a shout out to DG since I have quite a few of her jeans, but it would have to be half-hearted due to the incredible amount of aggravation and money spent throughout the years returning/exchanging due to sizing discrepancies.

Thanks again for the thread!

@MacDUFF  - oh, I'm also on W/L but have good luck getting HSN W/L sometimes it does take a month. I love the pink too but it's not available even on W/L in M/L. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 

Thank you for your honest, detailed review.   When you said that the "front is fussy," that was all she wrote.  I cancelled my waitlist.  I hate it when I have to fuss with a top to keep it in place or do something extra to "make" it work.

@Chi-town girl 

Easy come, easy go!

Trusted Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I received this today and like it so much I will order the sand the next time there is a discount code.  The velvet is a nice quality. (Although I wished they'd done a better job folding it to package as it was quite wrinkled.) Like most of MW items it does run full and you can easily size down.  Personally I wish she made xxs as I find her xs to be more like a 6.

WynneLayers Quilted Poncho Jacket

@lulu1  I agree that her XS is more of a small. When she says to "size down," there's nowhere for us petites to go. I'm just trying her things and figuring out which styles work with my body type. Woman Happy