Honored Contributor

Re: MarlaWynne, G by Giuliana, G.I.L.I. and more - 2019 Collections

[ Edited ]

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Oh my this thread has been busy!  I've been gone a minute and so many beautiful items posted.

I love that MW Jacquard Sweater knit topper and I was thinking about this Gili tsv which is so convenient and easy to throw over just about anything....love the charcoal grey.

I'm also late with my review of the MW tsv 668-565, the luxe shirt with pockets and pleats that I finally picked up from my po box.  Ordered the pure white, fits perfectly the pleats don't add anymore to my booty thank goodness and the cuffs are fabulous, love the material very comfortable.

@Luvitorleaveit1  @IlliniGirl88  - got home late so I'm skimming thru the recorded PM Style show. Amy said something about 40,000 + TSV capes sold. You just can't use this fashion forum to truly discuss the merits of any contemporary brand or item!

I started purchasing high quality knitwear like St John years ago bc of ease of wear yet very stylish and perfect for travel. Now there is a wider range of good quality knitwear options that I can easily incorporate with my existing wardrobe. Linea Whisper Knits sold here are great companion pieces and I can buy 4 or 5 items for the price of 1 SJ.

Other knits that work well for me include of course... MarlaWynne Heart IMAN. Mizrahi,  Gili, and Rinna. These lines also offer some great leather and suede pieces (real and faux, I wear both versions). All are versatile for professional,  casual, yes denim + SJ and even holiday/party with the right accessories.

I LOVE Marla for her quality and contemporary designs, but equally for her color palette - expanding my wardrobe to include beautiful softer earthy tones

The reason why I am adding charcoal grey items to my wardrobe is how beautifully it compliments my red, navy and pink SJ and Linea pieces.  And, I have a significant amt of black basic/anchor pieces - finding charcoal gray is a sophisticated and complementary color as an alternative to wearing black as an anchor color. Charcoal gray column of color is stunning!

Looking forward to receiving the GILI charcoal grey cape! I'm also going to grab the new Linea WK sweaters in the gorgeous scarlet red plus navy once they post. Strategic and opportunistic Woman Very Happy Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Skimming the fashion forum tonight about the GILI cape... "difficulty to wear" or "clueless" about where to wear it or posting that it's matronly yet she carries a garish flower print handbag (um, check yourself in the mirror,  lol), comparisons to fictional characters. How fresh-not! And very predictable Woman Tongue Clueless and Rude, and how very sad for them...

@IlliniGirl88  and anyone interested in Colleen's leaf jacket reorder, it should be soon! I wish Colleen would sneak peek (wear) the new colors. I'm interested to see the metallics.

Ciao bella Heart 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl- I watched the presentation last night for the capes and heard the amount sold but after seeing it and also looking at the material content I decided to pass.  I'll spend the extra money to get a similiar cape that is warmer.

You can't beat St. John I love this cape by St. John ooh la la ....sorry I can't post the picture.

Engineered Stripe Knit Cape

I own more Linea Wk than I can count I'm actually wearing my charcoal grey WK pieces today another one of my favorite colors that compliment so many other colors, it's a neutral for me actually.  I also like and own a couple of nice cashmere pieces from Issac Mizrahi.  speaking of Marla there is a topper on clearance 608-873 for $50.95 four colors available.

Enjoy your goodies!

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 @IlliniGirl88 @queendiva @lulu1 @willdob3 @emmysmom @pinkmochi @Roni18  & all

One day only, today Friends + Family Event at HSN. 20% off for EVERYONE! 

Anyone shopping? 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 @IlliniGirl88 @queendiva @lulu1 @willdob3 @emmysmom @pinkmochi @Roni18  & all

One day only, today Friends + Family Event at HSN. 20% off for EVERYONE! 

Anyone shopping? 

@Chi-town girl 

Not now but I will attempt to use my coupon this evening after work. This one has fewer restrictions so it should be pretty easy to use it.

Respected Contributor

I used my coupon on this MW topper.

MarlaWynne Jacquard Sweater Knit Topper

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@lulu1I like that one.  I have a similar piece I got at Chico's awhile back.  That looks good for the fall and winter.  

Trusted Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I ordered this topper yesterday when it was a One Day Only price or something like that. Can't wait to get it!

@Chi-town girl  I used the coupon on the camo G by Giuliana slub knit duster. I ordered the duster in the gold lights print, and it's great and so soft! I love that it comes in petites. I wasn't sure about the camo, but I'll be able to wear that one year-round. 

I used the Q's free shipping day to order a refill of the Zodica perfume in Pisces. It's such a nice scent, and it's funny how that's the one I'm most drawn to since it's my sign. 

I returned the Lori Felt TSV jeans in petite because they weren't 29" as advertised. I measured them, and they were 27.5". I exchanged it for the same size in the regular length, even though I'm 5'1". I tried them on with a short heel (about 2"?), and the length is really good. Much happier! The silky denim is very soft and holds everything in. 

Did Marla hint during her shows that her next TS will be a coat? I'm not sure why I think that, but she was going on about how great her new coat is. Hmm...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I received and returned this yesterday.  I'm 5'2"+ a smidge, and it was not a good look.  Also the bar on the toggle is short and kept coming undone. The inner snap was not in the proper place.

MarlaWynne Double-Knit Jacquard Topper

Esteemed Contributor

I used the coupon on a pair of Sketchers 655-178 that I needed badly.

I had already ordered and am waiting for the arrival of MW 608-873 Jacquard drama topper in the black combo.

I almost brought the topper @lulu1 posted that is so pretty too.