Honored Contributor

Re: MarlaWynne, G by Giuliana, G.I.L.I. and more - 2019 Collections

@emmysmom wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

I‘m tempted to get a pair of Marla’s Flatterfits; I don’t have any yet. But what I really need is navy and she doesn’t have that. The ombré blue is more gray than blue and I could use that...

I’m glad Colleen mentioned she was not wearing her regular size because my first thought was that she needed to go up a size. The pants really do look nice on the models that are wearing the correct size.

I think you'll like the ombre blue...its really pretty!

@emmysmom  @Chi-town girl 

I hope so! I ordered them!

I know the kimono last night matched the ombré blue but I don’t look good in kimono style and had trouble finding anything else that color. The color search filter did not work. I’ll have to look some more over the weekend.

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

I own a lot of MW pieces, all but one are tops/jackets.  I've tried (many times) her FlatterFit pants but have never found a pair that fit.   In most B&M stores I'm a 4 in pants. I carry my weight in my thighs.  I like my pants to fit below my waist and I do not like tight pants.  I prefer a straight leg.  You would think with her many offerings, I'd be able to find at least one style that fit.

So the TS is a bust for me.  I've perused the pages of fashions and truthfully, I expected more reductions. I'm disappointed that some items have been the same price since last year.

We are going to Sicily next month and I'm in desperate need of new black and navy crops and/or ankle pants.  They need to be a knit fabric that can be washed in the sink and dry over night.  I've search everywhere. Most of what I see are leggings or very close fitting legs.

I LOVE Isaac Mizrahi's 24/7 straight ankle pants...I was able to get LAST Clicks..they fit perfectly too....Isaac's fabric is very similar to Marla's. Has alot of stretch too! I find his pants fit true to size. I bought a pair of his French blue crops and a couple of his cargo pants, in black and brown..all fit perfectly..again..I found these at a discount! Hope this helps! Heart

@emmysmom 

Thanks for your review. I’ve been tempted to try IM’s pants lately. 

Respected Contributor

I'm tempted to order something from Marla but have been doing so good with not shopping I don't want to blow it!   If I were going for the flatterfits I think I would go with that canyon rose color.  I do love her kimonos too.  marlawynne-printed-kimono-d-20190315093941763~646484_L1E.jpg

This one seems similar to a black and white one I snagged in the summer clearance.  It has a good weight to it - not too heavy or light and a very silky feel.  

marlawynne-shibori-print-reversible-kimono-topper-d-20180302132836543~590303_alt51.jpgThey still have this Shibori kimono available for about $35 in a medium.  I have this one.  Much lighter weight than the other one but it reverses to a solid so you can get a lot of use out of it.  I will double check the size I have but think I got both kimonos in the medium, they are roomy. 

The IM pants did not work for me but I only tried them once.  They were a little too tight in the tummy for me.  Might work now that I lost some weight.  I did like everything else about them.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I'm tempted to order something from Marla but have been doing so good with not shopping I don't want to blow it!   If I were going for the flatterfits I think I would go with that canyon rose color.  I do love her kimonos too.  marlawynne-printed-kimono-d-20190315093941763~646484_L1E.jpg

This one seems similar to a black and white one I snagged in the summer clearance.  It has a good weight to it - not too heavy or light and a very silky feel.  

marlawynne-shibori-print-reversible-kimono-topper-d-20180302132836543~590303_alt51.jpgThey still have this Shibori kimono available for about $35 in a medium.  I have this one.  Much lighter weight than the other one but it reverses to a solid so you can get a lot of use out of it.  I will double check the size I have but think I got both kimonos in the medium, they are roomy. 

The IM pants did not work for me but I only tried them once.  They were a little too tight in the tummy for me.  Might work now that I lost some weight.  I did like everything else about them.   

I've put on weight too Roni..lol! His size 10 works for me...I wear Marla in the same size! I tried on some of Iman's pants last night..they're an 8!!!!! Too tight in the tummy...so I need to lose weight as well..my friend told me its always best to have a little more room...feels better too! Now thats its warmer, we'll be getting out more and its easier to lose some weight...I'm counting on it..lol! Woman Wink

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I haven't ordered anything from Marla.  I am really interested in the TS.  Do her pants run true to size?

@Pecky I only have one pair of FlatterFit pants, but I ordered them in my normal size. They aren't too tight and fit well. I noticed on the presentations that the pants were really tight and scrunched up at the knees on the models. Later on in the day, the models were wearing one size up, and the fit was much better. Only Stretch (the tall redhead) can get away with the tighter fit, I think. Everything looks great on her. Woman Happy

I ordered two pairs (ombre blue and canvas) in the regular length so that they would be full-length pants on me. I went to see Spamalot (the musical) and decided that I would order the lilac gray if they were still at the TS price when I got home. I checked at 11:00 West Coast time, and they were still at the TS price. (I guess HSN is keeping the TS price until midnight Pacific Time now, too.) I ended up ordering the lilac gray in the petite length. That new color is so pretty!

I wore the canvas tank (from the 2-pack tanks) with the gray pants on clearance now (they look like palazzo pants) and a black Giuliana boyfriend cardigan last night. I was so comfortable and put together. I was so happy with how soft the Marla tank was that I ordered the 2-pack long-sleeve shirts in black/canvas when I got home, too. I'm a new MW fan! I love that everything works together. Heart I usually wear jeans and shirts, but her clothes are just as comfortable (or more so), and I feel like I could run into any ex-boyfriend. Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I haven't ordered anything from Marla.  I am really interested in the TS.  Do her pants run true to size?

@Pecky I only have one pair of FlatterFit pants, but I ordered them in my normal size. They aren't too tight and fit well. I noticed on the presentations that the pants were really tight and scrunched up at the knees on the models. Later on in the day, the models were wearing one size up, and the fit was much better. Only Stretch (the tall redhead) can get away with the tighter fit, I think. Everything looks great on her. Woman Happy

I ordered two pairs (ombre blue and canvas) in the regular length so that they would be full-length pants on me. I went to see Spamalot (the musical) and decided that I would order the lilac gray if they were still at the TS price when I got home. I checked at 11:00 West Coast time, and they were still at the TS price. (I guess HSN is keeping the TS price until midnight Pacific Time now, too.) I ended up ordering the lilac gray in the petite length. That new color is so pretty!

I wore the canvas tank (from the 2-pack tanks) with the gray pants on clearance now (they look like palazzo pants) and a black Giuliana boyfriend cardigan last night. I was so comfortable and put together. I was so happy with how soft the Marla tank was that I ordered the 2-pack long-sleeve shirts in black/canvas when I got home, too. I'm a new MW fan! I love that everything works together. Heart I usually wear jeans and shirts, but her clothes are just as comfortable (or more so), and I feel like I could run into any ex-boyfriend. Woman Tongue

@pinkmochi  I hope you run into at least one of them!!  The gray lilac is gorgeous.  I should of ordered it along with the canvas.  

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochiIt always looks to me that they try squeezing all the models in one size too small pants on HSN for the presentations!  I am sure you looked beautiful at the musical.  I love the feel of Marla's tanks too. 

@emmysmomI have lost about 25 pounds since August due to being sick and not being able to eat much.  I am better now- bad bacteria is gone.  Still having some reflux problems though but feeling much better.  Everyone is telling me I look great but the sad thing is I still feel fat.  When I look in the mirror I just see the same problem areas!    I don't know if I will ever be satisfied.  Hopefully, if I can continue to improve I can start exercising and be able to keep the pounds from coming back.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@pinkmochiIt always looks to me that they try squeezing all the models in one size too small pants on HSN for the presentations!  I am sure you looked beautiful at the musical.  I love the feel of Marla's tanks too. 

@emmysmomI have lost about 25 pounds since August due to being sick and not being able to eat much.  I am better now- bad bacteria is gone.  Still having some reflux problems though but feeling much better.  Everyone is telling me I look great but the sad thing is I still feel fat.  When I look in the mirror I just see the same problem areas!    I don't know if I will ever be satisfied.  Hopefully, if I can continue to improve I can start exercising and be able to keep the pounds from coming back.  

I'm so happy for your weight loss!!!!!..now that its getting warm, maybe you'll be able to get outside and exercise more. I KNOW I need to lose some weight...and taking out my dog more often should help! I'm upset because some of the pants I've ordered from IMAN are too small..so maybe that will give me some incentive too...! I think we're the harshest judges of ourselves..believe your friends! I am SURE you look great! xxxHeart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

Everyone is telling me I look great but the sad thing is I still feel fat.  When I look in the mirror I just see the same problem areas!    I don't know if I will ever be satisfied.  Hopefully, if I can continue to improve I can start exercising and be able to keep the pounds from coming back.  

@Roni18, I am glad you are feeling better! That's a lot of weight to lose. No matter what we lose, we still keep the same proportions. If I remember correctly, you and I are built the same -- larger bust, larger waist, smaller hips, and long thin legs -- so no matter how many pounds we lose, we always feel "fat" because the midsection is proportionately larger. We can't change our proportions, so I would go with the advice you've received here and trust that you do look great ... and you feel better ... so that's good!

I have many MW FLATTERfit pants, solids and prints, going back a couple/few years. All are in size 8, and they have held their shape and color. They are just a bit shorter after repeated washings (machine-washed in warm water, air-dry), but still look wonderful. I love them and wear them all the time. 

I think the recent TS (two days ago) FLATTERfits looked pretty darn bad on just about everyone. They looked painfully stretched with "rolling" wrinkles. Even when the models went up a size, the legs still looked "pulled." Yet, I  ordered a pair! In Canvas in size 10. I also ordered the Convertible Poncho in black/white, and the sale sleeveless Chiffon Tunic Dress in Canvas. Fingers are crossed!

Honored Contributor

Looking at show items for Colleen's fashion shows tmrw.  New items posted. I like the woven embroidered hem pants. Anyone shopping?  What do you liie?

Colleen Lopez Woven Stretch Skinny Pant with Embroidery
648-170
Colleen Lopez Woven Stretch Skinny Pant with Embroidery

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri