Respected Contributor

Re: MarlaWynne Fashions & Accessories 2021

Today I received the recent TS in both black and cloud.  I am pleased with my purchases.  The jacket is lightweight (a bit heavier than a chiffon blouse) and well made.  The "jean" details are impeccable and for a change, there are no hanging threads.  For the TS price, the jacket was a bargain.

I'm sure I will wear both of them, particularly with tank dresses. As I mentioned before, one of my arms is terribly scarred (and less than toned) and I try to keep it covered as much as possible.

Keep an eye out for "as is" or price red

Respected Contributor

I also received my TS jackets and tanks. I love the tanks and plan to get at least one more color. As to the jackets, I'm not sure I'm loving the sheer sleeves. I work out every day and my arms are fine but they don't have the perfect peaks and valleys of a 25-year-old bodybuilder so I don't often wear sleeveless items. The jackets feel like my arms are very exposed.

I put a tight long-sleeved black shirt under the black jacket TS just to see if that looked better to me.  I think that is how I will wear the black one.  The sage color doesn't look right on me. The blue striped TS looks great so I will be keeping 2 jackets and 2 tanks. 

Respected Contributor

@santorini 

I purchased the matching tanks a while before they were presented with the TS. For some reason they didn't come up on HSN when I searched MW but they came up as an ad with my email.  I agree, they are quite nice.

Enjoy your purchases.  I do like the blue stripe and probably should have ordered it. I wasn't sure what shade of blue to wear with it.  On my monitor, the light blue they showed seemed a mismatch.  I would have worn it with navy but was afraid it would clash.

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@santorini 

I purchased the matching tanks a while before they were presented with the TS. For some reason they didn't come up on HSN when I searched MW but they came up as an ad with my email.  I agree, they are quite nice.

Enjoy your purchases.  I do like the blue stripe and probably should have ordered it. I wasn't sure what shade of blue to wear with it.  On my monitor, the light blue they showed seemed a mismatch.  I would have worn it with navy but was afraid it would clash.

@lulu1   I agree. The color they showed on air did not look great to me either. I tried it on with a navy tank that I already had and it looks really good. 

Honored Contributor

I received my stripe TS today as well.  The colors are beautiful and love how light weight it is.  It just seems to have so much static when tried it on.  I agree about the blue tank, it didn't look like it matched the stripe jacket.  I do have many white tanks I can wear with it.

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pinkmochi  - forgot to add, my closet/armoire is also full - need to do another purge. Anything I buy must be a "love" or its going back. There are so many sale events, it's tempting! 

I agree with you about BFD. The pricing is too high for casual wear.  I'm only shopping clearance items.

I do like the new Candace fashions.  Picked up the This Day Only open weave striped sweater in the olive - will post a review. This is my style &  will compliment my wardrobe (I hope!)

A396655
Candace Cameron Bure Stripe Open Stitch Summer Sweater

@Chi-town girl That sweater is really cute! I could see getting a lot of wear out of this. Bummer that I missed her shows. Looking forward to your review!

@pinkmochi - expecting delivery today or tmrw.  I ordered my usual size but thought about sizing up bc I don't want it to be tight. This line runs on the generous side of sizing...hope I made the right decision

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@lulu1 @santorini @Pecky  - thank you for posting reviews of the Marla TS jacket. Delighted that you are happy with it and I will take your recommendations - hoping to get one 'as is'

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pinkmochi  - forgot to add, my closet/armoire is also full - need to do another purge. Anything I buy must be a "love" or its going back. There are so many sale events, it's tempting! 

I agree with you about BFD. The pricing is too high for casual wear.  I'm only shopping clearance items.

I do like the new Candace fashions.  Picked up the This Day Only open weave striped sweater in the olive - will post a review. This is my style &  will compliment my wardrobe (I hope!)

A396655
Candace Cameron Bure Stripe Open Stitch Summer Sweater

@pinkmochi  & anyone interested - rec'd this sweater and it's awesome! Glad I stayed with my usual Q size bc the fit is perfect!  Love the color combo, sleeve design and it's an open weave so it can be worn on cool summer nights.  It's not see through but I will wear a skinny tank under it. 

Honored Contributor

The Target Designer dress event launched overnight @pinkmochi @lulu1 @Pecky @Andreatoo  & dress girls.

The collection is contemporary- definitely not for many that post here (based on the snark comments on the thread I had posted - had the thread removed...) was going to post photos of the dresses but not wasting my time to 'entertain' the haters...

Some of the dresses have sold out already. There are short dresses as well as maxi's.

I did not try to shop the physical store, placed an online order for these two dresses. 

Floral Long Sleeve Robe Dress - ALEXIS for Target 

Screenshot_2021-05-16-11-58-59.png

Screenshot_2021-05-16-11-58-28.png

Screenshot_2021-05-16-12-06-21.png

Screenshot_2021-05-16-12-05-53.png

Honored Contributor

I like the patchwork design of the Rixo slip dress and the CJR Chevron slip dress, but did not purchase them.

If anyone else shopped the event, please post. Fast processing/shipping - expecting delivery of my order on Wed

Screenshot_2021-05-16-12-33-54.png

Screenshot_2021-05-16-12-37-26.png