Trusted Contributor

Re: MarlaWynne Fashions & Accessories 2021

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

do you remember a designer from a few years ago, tiny woman I believe from the Phillipines, high end fashion, pricier than Wynne....?

A friend of mine waits for the Nordstrom yearly sale to buy her lingerie......

@Andreatoo  - oh, yes - Natori.  Josie Natori and her son made appearances for the shows. Very good quality. Another one that disappeared when H was acquired by Liberty. 

@Chi-town girl 

that's it! thanks! I think of her when some ladies say they can't wear certain styles because they're petite. She ALWAYS looked so elegant in her flowy pieces and never overwhelmed...

@Andreatoo  - HSN used to have a very interesting offering of fashion brands.

I read that there will be a new collection of lounge wear from Badgley Mischka  on HSN soon. Wish they would bring back Danica Patrick fashions! 

@Chi-town girl  As we were leaving the gym, I was telling my husband how much I miss Danica Patrick and wished I could buy more of her leggings. They're the best! They don't slide down, they keep your tummy in, and I know I look different when wearing her leggings than others. 

I agree about the increased prices. I wish Marla would order more quantity of her items. Since that tie dye topper sold out so quickly, I hope she brings it back. 

I also wrote to the MW team and asked them to do a two-pack t-shirt. I don't always want to wear a tank or long-sleeve, but I wear t-shirts all of the time. I love her comfy fabric. They replied that they've done it before and might do it again. 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

do you remember a designer from a few years ago, tiny woman I believe from the Phillipines, high end fashion, pricier than Wynne....?

A friend of mine waits for the Nordstrom yearly sale to buy her lingerie......

@Andreatoo  - oh, yes - Natori.  Josie Natori and her son made appearances for the shows. Very good quality. Another one that disappeared when H was acquired by Liberty. 

@Chi-town girl 

that's it! thanks! I think of her when some ladies say they can't wear certain styles because they're petite. She ALWAYS looked so elegant in her flowy pieces and never overwhelmed...

@Andreatoo  - HSN used to have a very interesting offering of fashion brands.

I read that there will be a new collection of lounge wear from Badgley Mischka  on HSN soon. Wish they would bring back Danica Patrick fashions! 

@Chi-town girl  As we were leaving the gym, I was telling my husband how much I miss Danica Patrick and wished I could buy more of her leggings. They're the best! They don't slide down, they keep your tummy in, and I know I look different when wearing her leggings than others. 

I agree about the increased prices. I wish Marla would order more quantity of her items. Since that tie dye topper sold out so quickly, I hope she brings it back. 

I also wrote to the MW team and asked them to do a two-pack t-shirt. I don't always want to wear a tank or long-sleeve, but I wear t-shirts all of the time. I love her comfy fabric. They replied that they've done it before and might do it again. 

@pinkmochi  - yes, Danica's leggings are performance quality. I too wish I had bought more. Where is Lysse?  Spanx? 

I don't recall Marla doing twofer tshirts, just tanks and long sleeve. She does select quality fabrics and I'm glad but there seems to be more of a focus on 3rd piece toppers. I'm not buying as many 3rd piece toppers and would love to see some quality tshirts at decent price points. She is offering more vneck styles due to requests. The May TS is a top, would be nice to have it be a quality functional affordable to buy multiples. Oh, and free or reduced shipping...

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:
WynneLayers Jersey Knit Sleeveless Maxi Dress
746-661

This should arrive tomorrow.  Of course I played it safe and ordered black.  If it works out, I'll try a "color".

Update:  I received the black and it is a keeper.  The material does not cling and is NOT see through. I ordered my normal size and while there is a nice flow, it fits well in the arm and chest area.   Today there is a $15 off $75 coupon so I ordered the blue.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:
746-661

This should arrive tomorrow.  Of course I played it safe and ordered black.  If it works out, I'll try a "color".

Update:  I received the black and it is a keeper.  The material does not cling and is NOT see through. I ordered my normal size and while there is a nice flow, it fits well in the arm and chest area.   Today there is a $15 off $75 coupon so I ordered the blue.

@lulu1 Beautiful dress!  I really like the sage & geranium.  Can I ask how tall you are how long is the dress.  I would order it but it looks like it would be too long on me being 5'3

Respected Contributor

@Pecky 

On a good day, I am barely 5'3".  The dress is long but I usually wear a wedge shoe in the summer.

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl @lulu1  @Pecky @Andreatoo Did you order Marla's TS today? I thought about getting the blue stripe, but I thought I would wear the cloud more. Love the design!

MW-chiffon-jean-jacket.PNG

Trusted Contributor

I also just ordered the MW Everything dress in geranium on waitlist with the 20% off coupon:

mw-everything-dress.PNG

It's similar to the dress I bought three of a couple years ago. I wear them as a dress but mostly as a top that can be worn different ways. I also wear it as a nightgown. The fabric is so comfy! I don't have anything in this color and wanted to try it. Love how the sleeves look when worn down! 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

I also just ordered the MW Everything dress in geranium on waitlist with the 20% off coupon:

mw-everything-dress.PNG

It's similar to the dress I bought three of a couple years ago. I wear them as a dress but mostly as a top that can be worn different ways. I also wear it as a nightgown. The fabric is so comfy! I don't have anything in this color and wanted to try it. Love how the sleeves look when worn down! 

@pinkmochi -- , LOVE this dress. I know about the previous dress you mentioned bc I too own it. Itbis very versatile. 

I was not interested in the Marla TS and didn't shop today. Missed all of the shows so no temptations Woman Wink

Did you shop the G event on Tuesday?  I ordered the TS in the olive leopard and the cute flutter sleeve top that host Michelle was wearing for the Korres show. Photos posted on the G thread

Let me know your review of the new Marla dress

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi  - okay...I too had a 20% coupon so I bought the lantern dress in black. I have this dress in a beige/gray tie dye print from several years ago - it's my fav Marla dress. She has some cute dresses in the new collection

I LOVE the prints in the lantern dress but sold out in my size.  Maybe I can do an exchange for one of the prints if my size pops in within the next 30 days. If not, i will get good use of the solid black. The lantern dress also had a $15 price reduction for the event, saved $30 total! 

MarlaWynne Print Sleeveless Lantern Dress
743-080

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl @lulu1  @Pecky @Andreatoo Did you order Marla's TS today? I thought about getting the blue stripe, but I thought I would wear the cloud more. Love the design!

MW-chiffon-jean-jacket.PNG

I bought the black and cloud.  A few weeks ago I purchased the new tank with chiffon trim in both colors.  Also I have the longer layering tanks in both colors.  One of my arms is terribly scarred so I keep it covered as much as possible.  The TS is so lightweight, I'll be able to wear it throughout the hot summer.

TopCash had an extra $2.50 rebate today as well as a 5% rebate.  I had some Spendable Kash to use too.